Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the bridgestone Exedra max radial tires? Thinking about buying them for my stratoliner deluxe but rather find out if they are any good. Doing a 3,000 mile ride in June and want to make sure their good mostly in rain.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I love the Bridgestones, they are very predictable in dry and wet. My only complaint is the mileage. I get about 8000 miles out of the front and 4000 miles out of the rear. I tend to ride pretty aggressive so I'm sure that is part of the reason for the poor mileage, but I will trade mileage for a tire that I know will stick to the road when I need it to.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I agree, the Bridgestones are very good on dry or wet pavements. I have been running them on my Liner and Wings for years. They became my tire of choice. Also had good luck the Dunlop E3s way back when, but not sure if that's available for the Roadliner.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish they made the dunlop E3's for the stratoliner. They so far don't have te size for the rear. Got good mileage on them on my other bike.
I agree, the Bridgestones are very good on dry or wet pavements. I have been running them on my Liner and Wings for years. They became my tire of choice. Also had good luck the Dunlop E3s way back when, but not sure if that's available for the Roadliner.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm always confused if people are providing a review for the Exedra Max or the Exedra G850's that came OEM. There's a difference.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Metzler Marathon 880's

I perfer the Metzler Marathon 880's over every other brand.
If you keep them properly inflated you can get some good milage out of them. They also handle great in canyons IMO.
Swomack

·
Registered
67 Posts
HTML:
I wish they made the dunlop E3's for the stratoliner. They so far don't have te size for the rear. Got good mileage on them on my other bike.
Maybe not the E3 but I just installed the Dunlop D407 ( rear ) and D408 (front ) on my stratoliner. I don't know how long they will last but they certainly handle well. There are suppose to have harder tread in the middle for longer life.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I don't think 100 lb/ft of torque does much to help the mileage of the rear tire, especially when it's so fun to romp on it through the gears!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Let us know what you get for mileage out of those tires.
HTML:
Maybe not the E3 but I just installed the Dunlop D407 ( rear ) and D408 (front ) on my stratoliner. I don't know how long they will last but they certainly handle well. There are suppose to have harder tread in the middle for longer life.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts