Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace the OEM Bulb on my Vstar 1300. I would love to have a brighter bulb but dont want to do a whole surgery and put HiD ballast and stuff*.

I was reading about this one PIAA 70456 Xtreme White Plus H4 60/55W Bulb
does anyone have any experience with it? is it as simple as plug and play? just remove the old one and replace it with this one?

Any info/recommendations would be highly appreciated!
Thanks & ride safe.
Z

* Had the worst experience with hidnation.com, I URGE you guys NEVER to make any business with them. In short, I asked their 'professionals' to recommend an HiD kit for my 1300, they referred me to a lousy generic kit. Found out that after about 5 hours of numerous attempts and frustration that it's just not going to work. No money back from them and 2 hang ups in my face. Had to call my Credit Card to dispute the purchase. Learn from my experience - HiDnation? run the other way.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Hoey Zohar, I switched from my old stock bulb to a XENON 12V 100/80. I love it. I had real problems in the rain at night or a dark day and this bulb has really done the trick for me. It is nothing more than a replace the old with the new. I had friends who went with the low volt kits but I don´t see the advantage for the money spent-
Keep the rubber side down.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
La Madrugada thank you for the recommendation. According to Amazon the specific bulb does not fit my Vstar 1300....
The search goes on.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I want to replace the OEM Bulb on my Vstar 1300. I would love to have a brighter bulb but dont want to do a whole surgery and put HiD ballast and stuff*.

I was reading about this one PIAA 70456 Xtreme White Plus H4 60/55W Bulb
does anyone have any experience with it? is it as simple as plug and play? just remove the old one and replace it with this one?

Any info/recommendations would be highly appreciated!
Thanks & ride safe.
Z
* Had the worst experience with hidnation.com....
Any H4 60/55 and also +/- a few watts, will fit just fine and is around the stock wattage. If you get into some of the higher wattage bulbs such as 80/100 watts plus there is a risk, depending on how beefy Yamaha designed the plug for the bulb of the electric plug deteriorating from the heat. It doesnt mean it will, just saying some electrical connections do, both on bikes and cars.

Do keep in mind the brighter the bulb the shorter they will last, meaning there is a price to pay for a brighter bulb using the same wattage. Hids are a good solution if it was made to stock specs and DOT approval which I think NONE are.

Here are some reviews ... http://www.amazon.com/15224-Style-Xtreme-White-100-Watt/product-reviews/B00067BVDC/ref=cm_cr_pr_top_recent?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

·
Registered
845 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts