Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

I intro'd myself a while back and you guys helped a ton with making a decision on a bike. Well, ended up not going with the first one I saw, and got a much better deal the next week.

My first bike: 03 1100 classic! About 11K miles on her, and already all jazzed up! Previous owner put a mustang seat, saddlebags, grips, and sissy bar on.

I took her out for the first ride tonight, and had a blast. Awesome - I'm a little nostalgic, and can't believe it worked out! I'll be taking some more trips this weekend now that we've got some decent weather for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
600 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. Enjoy and ride safe!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
That is a great looking bike.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Hey all!

I intro'd myself a while back and you guys helped a ton with making a decision on a bike. Well, ended up not going with the first one I saw, and got a much better deal the next week.

My first bike: 03 1100 classic! About 11K miles on her, and already all jazzed up! Previous owner put a mustang seat, saddlebags, grips, and sissy bar on.

I took her out for the first ride tonight, and had a blast. Awesome - I'm a little nostalgic, and can't believe it worked out! I'll be taking some more trips this weekend now that we've got some decent weather for it.
From your screen name I assume you reside here in the good ole commonwealth. I just bought my first bike myself about three weeks ago. 06 1100 classic. Where abouts are you located, maybe we can get together one weekend for a few miles.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, I'm here in the over-regulated commonwealth. I'm near Manassas in northern VA. I'd be up for a ride though if you're ever up this way! It might take a while for me to get up to speed though since this is my first bike. I'm learning quick, but I don't want to rush it. I did a 45 minute ride this afternoon and it felt great. Some was parking lot cornering practice though.

But, give me a few weeks and I'll be good to go!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Yeah manassas is a pretty good haul from here but not out of the question one day possibly. This is my first bike also. I just bought gas for the second time so I myself don't have much seat time. I will say this, if haven't already done so sign up and take the MSF course asap.. I just took mine this last weekend and it really helped my confidence in the saddle. Not to where I'm cocky confident but now I'm not scared to ride. I feel like I at least know what I should be doing out there. I try to at least get an hour or so after work most days. Every little bit helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts