Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
I hear ya. If it gets much colder, I'm gonna have to put on a LONG sleeve shirt to ride.:wink:

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
been using sweat pants under my jeans over here in ct. and one of those felt bandanas with the velcro strips. i think riding in cold temps without a helmet is totally nuts, i laugh when i see a rider freezing and getting pelted with rain because they think it looks cool to ride without a helmet. in ct its our choice to wear one or not wear one. to me it makes no sense to a least use one when it gets cold. a guy at gas station asked me, how can you ride on such a cold day. i said people ride snow mobiles in much colder temps than today a motorcycle is the same idea, you just dress according to the weather. iv'e even ridden in light snow frost is the only thing that scares me. when frost is in the forecast no riding for me.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I hear ya. If it gets much colder, I'm gonna have to put on a LONG sleeve shirt to ride.:wink:
Damn, I know.... I had to put on sweatshirt, a vest and my chaps the other day.... damn this cold weather. Now we have a cold snap and I'm going to have to break out the leather jacket!!!! :crying:

·
Registered
53 Posts
After adding the fairing and deflectors, both on the fairing and forks, I added the engine guard chaps. Haven't had to wear wool socks since lol. I do use headed gloves when it gets in the 30's and 40's

Attachments

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I never store my bike, it may set a mouth but we will get a lot of riding day in the winter here in Okla. I have a Army flight suet that's good for mid 20's but the pinkeys and little pigges need help the most.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Fairing with lowers and tall windscreen, neck gaiter, long johns, heated gloves not plugged in, sweatshirt under leather jacket, heated gloves plugged in, chaps, and heated boot insoles . . . In that order when the temperature drops below 55 or so. The insoles come out only when it is 15 degrees (F) or less and I plan on riding for > 1 hour.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Its hit and miss here. Weekend before last the wife and were coming home and the evenings were in the mid to upper 40s. That was cold doing 60 for 2 hours. But I'm still working out the kinks in my gear. I want a set of matching textile pants like my jacket. Still just the wind giving me problems, but I solved it all but my legs. 26 last night. Everywhere from 29 to 56 for the lows this coming week. That's just Arkansas. I might see frost, I might wear my summer jacket, who knows :D

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
lol, it was 74 yesterday. I stopped what I was doing to go for a ride. Its hit or miss here, it was very cold a week or so ago.

74 again today with rain expected. I might go on a good ride Mon or tueday, it'll still be in the high 60s then a cold front comes in.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Went for a long ride yesterday morning, started out chilly and very foggy. On the way back I stopped to take off my balaclava and winter gloves were switched out for my summer gloves. Wanted to shed my long johns too but I figured I might get arrested for stripping at the Waffle House parking lot. 74 felt soooo gooooood !

·
Registered
600 Posts
Everyone was out up here in PA today. Every weekend from now until Spring should be in the mid 60's, and then get warmer 😄😄

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
2 words...heated gear. Dang I love my heated jacket and gloves :) With those and pant liners I am good to go.

250 miles this weekend two weeks before Christmas - I live in Mass but actually went to CT and back. Woohoo!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts