Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I thought I would not have anymore buffering issues with my new 9" batwing, but I am still getting top of the helmet and sunglasses area vibration.

Does anyone know if I need to go taller or shorter?

·
Registered
179 Posts
What Steve M said.

I also found on my last few rides that the addition of lower wind deflectors in large part corrected this. I'm uncertain if it will throw off the look of your scoot given you've got a batwing.

I get less wind-blast from my 1100 than I do from my fully dressed Harley now that I've added a taller shield and a set of home-made lower wind deflectors. Its kinda nice.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Could someone please explain to me how lowers help with wind buffeting??? Mine has 'em and I thought they were a pathetic attempt to deflect wind around my legs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Could someone please explain to me how lowers help with wind buffeting??? Mine has 'em and I thought they were a pathetic attempt to deflect wind around my legs.
It was explained to me that lowers block some of the wind coming under the windshield and around the tank which turbulates it. I know that they worked on the Suzuki C50 I recently had and I am planning to put them on my R* in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
X2 on the air coming up by the tank. Next time your riding hug the tank with your knees and I bet you will notice the difference.

·
Registered
845 Posts
So I thought I would not have anymore buffering issues with my new 9" batwing, but I am still getting top of the helmet and sunglasses area vibration.

Does anyone know if I need to go taller or shorter?
If any one has buffeting, they only need to do one thing, add Memphis Shades lowers. $100. Problem solved.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I put a fairing and my 2000 Roadie and still had buffeting. The windshield that came with the fairing was too short so I custom made a taller one using 3/16" thick Lexan. It really helped with the buffeting but it was still there slightly.

Custom fabricated some brackets from 1/8" aluminum and used the leftover Lexan to make fork lowers and the buffeting is gone. I think they look good.

Lowers help with buffeting a lot.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts