Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, since apparently no one makes a fairing and bracket kit for the Raider, (and I really wanted one), I decided to do it myself. Bought a fairing for a VTX and made the brackets myself. Dont like the way the brackets came out, so tommorow Ill be breaking out the plasma and welder at a buddys shop and starting over. I do like the way it looks on the bike, picked up paint yesterday and will paint it later this week.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another one. Not a great pic, sorry.

Attachments

·
Registered
199 Posts
Good looking fairing. I'd like to find something similar for my V-Star Custom. Hopefully brackets will be easier to find!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. If Im right ( I seldom am, lol) they do make a kit for V-stars.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the new brackets finished tonight, turned out really well if I do say so my self!!! Gotta give a big thanks to a guy at the dealership, I was in there monday getting a few ideas off a couple bikes and told him i needed some brackets for the forks, he took me into the back and let me scrounge through some old parts boxes and found a used set of clamps!!!!!! Ill throw up some pics tmw and after i paint it. only took about a total of 6 hours.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Painted it this morning, turned out good. Need to find someone to pinstrip some flames to go along with the tank and rear fender.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Who makes this bullet fairing and why not the use the Stryker version from Memphis Shades, I would think it would take less adapting? How does it work--what part of airflow is it changing (head, body)?
Thanks.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its from Memphis Shades, the only reason I picked the VTX version is because of the size. It works pretty well with keeping the wind off my chest, still get a little in the face riding solo, when my wife is riding with me I get alot more wind in my face, dont know why, maybe the extra weight is changing the angle just enough to not devert it over my head.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts