Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so after doing the POD kit and everything working like it should, ive noticed that it smells like burn oil everytime i take it for a good ride.... is that normal smell coming from the Pod filters or breather filter?... or is it a bigger issue?:confused:

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
You shouldn't get any smells from the pods filters on the carbs. You may get some from the vent filter depending on where you have it installed. Personally, I never noticed any smells other than when my vent filter is saturated and needs to be cleaned. When did you notice the smell? Was it soon after the install or a while after?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You shouldn't get any smells from the pods filters on the carbs. You may get some from the vent filter depending on where you have it installed. Personally, I never noticed any smells other than when my vent filter is saturated and needs to be cleaned. When did you notice the smell? Was it soon after the install or a while after?

The smell started right after i installed the pods.... what else could cause it?

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
When does the smell happen, during the ride or after? You can have a look at your vent filter to see if it's saturated with oil or if has changed colour, getting oil on it. This could happen very fast if your oil level is on the high side. Another thing to check would be to see if oil is dripping from the vent filter onto the exhaust once you're stopped.
If and when you take the tank off, take a pic or two of your setup. Might help out in figuring out what's wrong.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Burnt oil odor

MY FIX.
Had my valves adjusted which requires Tank removal and air box sitting inside frame under the seat from carbs. Mechanic did not put the "crankcase breather tube" back on the air box, I took it back, he removed the Tank, found the hose not connected , put it on properly NO FURTHER ODOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts