Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to buy my first Raider andwas wanting to know if they're anything I should know about these bikes. It is an 08 with 9000 miles and looks to be in great condition. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought a new Star Raider about 6 weeks ago and am completely addicted. I LOVE THIS BIKE!! I already have 900 miles on it and ride any chance I get. The center of gravity is very low, thus making it very easy to move around, the lengthened fork seems to make turning easier. I had a Suzuki Boulevard and thought I was a good rider, but I got better with the Raider. I was looking for a bigger bike than my 800cc but wasn't expecting to buy one that big (1900). My advise - if it is the right price, BUY IT!

·
Registered
19 Posts
It's probably one of the easiest bikes out there to ride. The balance is impeccable. The power adicting, and the mileage per gallon quite livable. While there's not a lot of custom parts for it yet, there are enough to keep you content for a while. It loves living at 70 mph and acceleration from there, or anywhere is incredible. I'v yet to top mine out, but bursts to 90 mph are effortless. I think they will spank most other bikes like Harleys, and if not there's always 'the juice' ...lol.... really no need. If you can swing it, buy one, you will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bought ne the first of May, Bought another one last week. Two Raven Raiders in my stable, absolutly awsum. My VTX F is sueing for desertion!! Great bikes buy a raider!

·
Registered
185 Posts
WOW!... all this dirty talk is making me want to look more into the Raider! lol

It's probably one of the easiest bikes out there to ride. The balance is impeccable. The power adicting, and the mileage per gallon quite livable. While there's not a lot of custom parts for it yet, there are enough to keep you content for a while. It loves living at 70 mph and acceleration from there, or anywhere is incredible. I'v yet to top mine out, but bursts to 90 mph are effortless. I think they will spank most other bikes like Harleys, and if not there's always 'the juice' ...lol.... really no need. If you can swing it, buy one, you will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a chance to buy my first Raider andwas wanting to know if they're anything I should know about these bikes. It is an 08 with 9000 miles and looks to be in great condition. Any advice would be appreciated.
Hello gambler-m-99;600.

I traded my 06 fz1 that ran low 10s in on a 2009 yamaha Raider with 4800 miles on it. I tell you this bike has massive torque, and will get up and roll. I dont miss the fz1 and I had it for 3 years with plenty of mods.

Fastbandit

·
Administrator
13,274 Posts
Hello gambler-m-99;600.

I traded my 06 fz1 that ran low 10s in on a 2009 yamaha Raider with 4800 miles on it. I tell you this bike has massive torque, and will get up and roll. I dont miss the fz1 and I had it for 3 years with plenty of mods.

Fastbandit

responding to someone who posted only once on the site, 4 years ago. i'm sure they'll get the message.

:D

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have two raiders both are great bikes. The 09 model I bought had valve lifter issues within 1500 miles after I bought it. Fortunately I bought a six months after market warranty, or it would have cost nearly $1000 for the repair. Get you yamaha dealer to check the VIN and see if the factory repair has been made. If there is any lifter noise, check with yamaha and see if they will cover the repai if it hasn't shown up on the list that have been repaired.

On the other note I think the raider is an awsum machine. I have never been happier with a cruiser, and this one handles like a much smaller bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts