Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else on here live around or near visalia?? Looking for more people to ride with.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
794 Posts
I'm in San Francisco but that's over 4 hrs away.... :(

·
Registered
794 Posts
There's a bunch of members in SoCal but they don't seem to have been posting much recently...:confused:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Anyone else on here live around or near visalia?? Looking for more people to ride with.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Hi! How about Madera! And I'm always looking for someone to ride with. Contact me here: [email protected]. And if youre speedy, we'll hook up for a ride to Jamestown on Sat.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Ya where is everyone? I know there are a lot of riders in Ca. I'm up in norther Ca near Avenue of the Giants. Redwood Hwy 101. Ride all the time. Hwy 101 , 1, 36, 3, 89, 97, 299 to Whiskey Town Lakes Mtn Shasta all the way into Oregon, Klamath Falls, down to Tahoe, Hwy 50, Reno, 395, Mono lake, Mammoth Lakes, Yosemite, Hwy 120, 49, Hwy 20 to Upper lake, Mendocino, to the coast , fort Bragg and all the roads right where I live, Ferndale, Honeydew, Zenia bluffs, Ruth Zenia road to Ruth Lake, just to mention a few of the best scenic and fun roads to ride in the country. If anyone want's to ride any where in the Pacific Coast Mts of northern Ca on the coast from San Francisco to the borders of Oregon and beyond, to NV Ca. border to Yosemite to the Bay area look me up I'm free to ride almost any time.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Going camping at Manchester Beach in a couple of weeks... trying to work out if I'm riding up and hubby is solo in the car (with enough camping and fishing gear to last us a week) or if I need to play nice and chauffeur him around in the car... :)

·
Registered
369 Posts
Going camping at Manchester Beach in a couple of weeks... trying to work out if I'm riding up and hubby is solo in the car (with enough camping and fishing gear to last us a week) or if I need to play nice and chauffeur him around in the car... :)
Throw food and camp stove in one saddle bag, change of cloth in the other, tent and sleeping bag to your back,bar, second sleeping bag on your forks,bars, throw your hubby on back with tackle box in one hand and fishing poles in the other and get er done.:D;)

·
Registered
794 Posts
Lol! If I was solo I can load enough onto my bike to last a couple of months but his definition of camping is waaaaaaayyyy more heavy duty and if we both went on the bike I would need to pull a trailer ;)

And I am yet to convince him to go helmet shopping. One day it will happen... honest!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Lol! If I was solo I can load enough onto my bike to last a couple of months but his definition of camping is waaaaaaayyyy more heavy duty and if we both went on the bike I would need to pull a trailer ;)

And I am yet to convince him to go helmet shopping. One day it will happen... honest!
Ya definitely would make it easier if he was on the same boat with you. Wife and I have our own bikes know but we used to do it on one , an old Virago 750. 12,000 miles in two seasons. one 2 week ride 3,000 miles, From the northern Ca. mtn to the Sierra NV mtn to the deserts of NV and AZ Lake Havasu to Salton sea and into San Diego and back up the coast. Then one week ride 1,700 miles up into Oregon, Klamath Falls, Crater Lake to Washington back down the coast.. The rest of the miles were weekend or 4 day trips. camping all the time. Yes enough food to survive for 2 weeks in the wilderness, tent, one burner stove, did I mention cold weather and rain gear as we visited places like Tahoe, Yosemite, Mammoth in mid to late October. The bikes max load was 525 lbs and it weighed only 500 lbs. Our combined weight and gear was over 500 lbs. It had air assist front and rear shocks. Here is a couple pics.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts