Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's almost that time of year again... Saturday May 3rd is International Female Ride Day. It's an international day to celebrate/encourage women riding motorcycles and scooters... (yes guys, I know where your minds went... see if you can come up with something ORIGINAL this year :D)

It's actually on a Saturday this year so hopefully all you ladies can get out on two wheels and find a local meetup to ride with other biker chicks (and guys trying to meet biker chicks;))!

For any girls/guys in the San Francisco area, this years ride is leaving from the north (Sausalito) side of the Golden Gate Bridge carpark at 10am. Looks like the ride is heading up to Point Reyes for lunch. All levels of ability and any type of bike is welcome (although this group tends to be sport bike heavy - previous years have split into different riding levels and taken different routes). Quoting from the facebook page "Men are encouraged to attend, if invited by a female." Consider yourself invited! Just PM me so I know to look out for you.

Happy riding everyone!:)

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
The Bear ain't no girl by no means, but, he does wish you good luck with a great turnout!:D Gotta love them girl riders, at least they try and are in the game, huh? Bless you all:cool:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Well my lady is a passenger no matter how much I try to talk her into taking the bars, but isn't a passenger still riding? I think well find a local meet and get out in the wind. Actually come to think of it that's her birthday!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well my lady is a passenger no matter how much I try to talk her into taking the bars, but isn't a passenger still riding? I think well find a local meet and get out in the wind. Actually come to think of it that's her birthday!
That works! Happy Birthday to your lady :D Maybe hanging out with a bunch of other female riders will give her some impetus to try an MSF course.....

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have been telling her to take the msf course at my school and I'll retake it with her. I believe its good for passengers to know how the bike handles. They even provide a bike so I don't have to risk mine.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BUMP!

Seriously guys, take your lady out this Saturday! Ladies, go for a ride and feel great!

Anyone in the Bay Area who wants to join the Motogirls ride is welcome... let me know :D

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Locally there are some Lady Riders planning a trip to the Agawam Mass Bike Blessing so I'm excited. Going to get to a chance to meet some ladies I haven't met before and I've been wanting to go to a bike blessing too! Feel free to PM me if you are in the New England area for more info!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ordered a new mustang saddle for her birthday. Hopefully it gets here on time and we can try it out.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm currently a passenger, as we don't really have enough to get me my own (eyeing the Bolt) and really the only experience I have being in the driver's seat is driving my husbands race car around the yard... He had a modified midget, 600cc Honda F3, with clutch setup and all. I couldn't get the thing out of second gear :-/ Looking to take an ABATE course one of these days, it's a three day course that, if you pass, you get your endorsements. Daughter also wants to take it :) Sadly, Saturday we won't be able to get out on the bike, but are attending a ride on Sunday. I hope everyone with meet ups have great turnouts and awesome weather!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We had a lovely ride today in mid 60's weather - a little windy near the coast but otherwise perfect for riding. Sixteen ladies met at GG bridge on a really ecclectic mix of bikes. Aprilla, CBR, MotoGuzzi, Ninja, Shadow, 2 Harleys, BMW, Hyabusa, GSX, Nighthawk, a couple of other bikes I don't remember and of course my VStar!

The size of the group and the fact that a couple of women didn't have a huge amount of experience meant we took a relatively easy route ( :( I LIKE twisty roads at speed!) but it was a lovely day so cruising was fine. Lunch on the outside patio at Cafe Reyes in Point Reyes then everyone split up going home (or to the AFM races at Sonoma Raceway). I took the long way on my own which meant I didn't have to look after one of the less experienced riders.

Unfortunately my phone was playing up so I didn't get any photos.
I hope that the other women riders on the forum (or your girlfriends!) had a great day riding too...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts