Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a front/rear permanent mounted camera system and DVR for the V Star. I've been researching wht's out there and am considering the INNOV K1 system. It looks to be pretty solid.
What I want is a front and rear mounted system that powers up with the key and continuously records.

Anyone out there with one of these or another that can provide input? No helmet or off the bike systems like a Go Pro.

Thanks in advance for any info y'all can provide.

Steve

·
Registered
447 Posts
I've been thinking about the K1 myself, but I can't seem to find any reviews, except from the company itself, so I am not sure how much I trust it.
My real issue with it though, is the large display screen that isn't waterproof I have to place somewhere. The C5 is looking very attractive to me, except it doesn't do a rear camera, if it did, I would just get it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'll put the CPU/Display in one of my saddlebags, so that won't be an issue. I live in San Antonio so even if I left it out it wouldn't be much of an issue.

If I hear no feedback in the next couple of days, I'll buy and post it here. It's under $300, so small price to pay. I just don't want to have a GoPro or other hanging off my helmet. I like the Dash Cam concept.

·
Super Moderator
13,071 Posts
their site kinda glosses over practical mounting solutions. the youtube vid they embedded shows you screwing the cameras into any available plastic parts of your bike. i can't find any mount options on the site. that's kind of a big deal with putting cameras on bikes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have fabrication capability, (Press brake, welders and the like, so that won't be an issue. I'll see where it goes.

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
cant you just put your cell phone on a handlebar holder, and use the video recorder/camera when you feel inclined?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cant you just put your cell phone on a handlebar holder, and use the video recorder/camera when you feel inclined?

I'm looking for a front and rear permanent set it and forget it system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts