Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a front/rear permanent mounted camera system and DVR for the V Star. I've been researching wht's out there and am considering the INNOV K1 system. It looks to be pretty solid.
What I want is a front and rear mounted system that powers up with the key and continuously records.

Anyone out there with one of these or another that can provide input? No helmet or off the bike systems like a Go Pro.

Thanks in advance for any info y'all can provide.

Steve

·
Registered
447 Posts
I've been thinking about the K1 myself, but I can't seem to find any reviews, except from the company itself, so I am not sure how much I trust it.
My real issue with it though, is the large display screen that isn't waterproof I have to place somewhere. The C5 is looking very attractive to me, except it doesn't do a rear camera, if it did, I would just get it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'll put the CPU/Display in one of my saddlebags, so that won't be an issue. I live in San Antonio so even if I left it out it wouldn't be much of an issue.

If I hear no feedback in the next couple of days, I'll buy and post it here. It's under $300, so small price to pay. I just don't want to have a GoPro or other hanging off my helmet. I like the Dash Cam concept.

·
Administrator
13,409 Posts
their site kinda glosses over practical mounting solutions. the youtube vid they embedded shows you screwing the cameras into any available plastic parts of your bike. i can't find any mount options on the site. that's kind of a big deal with putting cameras on bikes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have fabrication capability, (Press brake, welders and the like, so that won't be an issue. I'll see where it goes.

·
Registered
5,962 Posts
cant you just put your cell phone on a handlebar holder, and use the video recorder/camera when you feel inclined?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've been thinking about the K1 myself, but I can't seem to find any reviews, except from the company itself, so I am not sure how much I trust it.
My real issue with it though, is the large display screen that isn't waterproof I have to place somewhere. The C5 is looking very attractive to me, except it doesn't do a rear camera, if it did, I would just get it.

Go with the Innovv K2, a number of reviews on that on the web. I am planning on installing one on my SVTC.

·
Premium Member
2018 SVTC
2,337 Posts
I'll put the CPU/Display in one of my saddlebags, so that won't be an issue. I live in San Antonio so even if I left it out it wouldn't be much of an issue.

If I hear no feedback in the next couple of days, I'll buy and post it here. It's under $300, so small price to pay. I just don't want to have a GoPro or other hanging off my helmet. I like the Dash Cam concept.
The little can I have on my helmet and I think @lesblank has one, I know @GARider has one and of couple of other people.. is only $50, is FULL HD and also has motion limiting so it’s not so shaky and has self leveling too.
It comes with the mounts needed to place it virtually anywhere.
Did I mention it’s waterproof too?

·
Registered
763 Posts
I bought a go pro hero 5. attached it to my handle bar and it shook like crazy. Put it on my head and it was usable. I have not attached it to a helmet because I don't trust a sticky tape attachment. I don't use it much. I've got to do something about that this year.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,948 Posts
Option, get a tube mount and put on front fork. It's basically the same way mines mounted and not too much vibration at all. Plus I'm on a Harley, so yours would be smoother. Only issue is the mount costs more than my whole setup.

Yes, that's a screenshot of your bike.

·
2,003 Posts
The little can I have on my helmet and I think @lesblank has one, I know @GARider has one and of couple of other people.. is only $50, is FULL HD and also has motion limiting so it’s not so shaky and has self leveling too.
It comes with the mounts needed to place it virtually anywhere.
Did I mention it’s waterproof too?
ChiefGunner, I think this is the one you are talking about Winbook I paid $40.00 for it and am extremely happy with it.

·
Premium Member
2018 SVTC
2,337 Posts
ChiefGunner, I think this is the one you are talking about Winbook I paid $40.00 for it and am extremely happy with it.
View attachment 92249
View attachment 92250
That would be correct Sir!
Considering the quality of picture, that it also takes awesome STILLS, all the various mounting brackets included... you can’t beat it for the price!
Also has wi-fi capability to go “live” broadcasting as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts