Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
serviced the bike today, changed the tappet cover gasket that was leaking and changed a leaking/cracked neutral switch( the last of the oil leaks) noticed this plug looks to be a drain of some sort pulled it out and nothing came out ? i dont have a manual for the bike and cant seem to find the answer online

2003 vstar 650 classic

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just got the bike and am fixing a couple small oil leaks going over everything before i take it out ..there was a plug in that hole i removed it nothing came out

it is not the engine oil dran plug i drained that it was about 3 quarts of oil that came out of that drain plug

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
where is that on the bike?

I have a 650, I have never seen that on mine, and cant guess where we are looking on the engine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
left side of bike just below the chrome side cover where kick stand is located

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
Have you run the engine since you took that bolt out and put it back in?

If not I recommend you do not start the engine until you find out what that bolt was holding together inside the engine.
That bolt might have been holding something in place inside the engine?

I dont think I have the service manual on my computer here at work, but I will try to look it up when I get home tonight.

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
do you mean its inside the chrome cover? you took the cover off and its behind it?

I have no idea what that bolt is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts