Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I guess I've lurked long enough - it's time to actually say something. Here's a little bit about myself:

My measurements are 44, 38, 40, and I like girls who... Oh wait, wrong forum.

I've had an endorsement since I was 16 but went through a long 2-wheel dry spell. I bought an '07 V-Star 1100 Classic last summer from a friend and I've been taking day trips and gaining experience with the bike. I just broke a 300+ mile day and took a well known ride from Sunnyside to Goldendale WA. I felt like a little old lady on my cruiser as the sport bikes passed me at 100 mph. Punks.

My first new member comment is this: If you are new to motorcycles after a dry spell take the Motorcycle Safety Foundation new rider course. I don't care if you think you're above a beginner this is really important. I rode bikes for years when I was a whippersnapper but this spring I took the course and all I can say is that is was scary to find out how much I didn't know. I grew up in the days when you took your Yamaha 100 to the DMV, ran through a few cones, and got your endorsement. This course has made me a more skilled, confident rider and later this summer I'm going to take the intermediate course to improve further. OK, lecture over.

This is a great forum and I've learned a lot from everybody here. I'm finally to the point where I might actually have something to add.

My bike consists of:
'07 Yamaha 1100 Classic
Hard Krome Slash Cut Slip-ons
Cobra sissy bar & luggage rack
Throttlemeister throttle lock

The photo is from last summer on a great ride from Odessa across the Columbia on the Keller Ferry, up to Twin Lakes, back down and across the Columbia on the Gifford Ferry, and back home. I'll have to get a new one up after my next ride.

Tally ho!

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
Odessa, eh? The part of WA that gives the lie to "Evergreen State":)

As you express an interest in music, I'm wondering if you could help me find an old tune I remember when I was a kid. It goes: "Soap, soap, soap, soap..."etc. Can't remember the name, but it was about 8 bars long...

Welcome Ancient One...:D:D:D

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Hello DOh,
WA is a nice state so I've heard. I was there for a couple of weeks a looooong time ago. The entire visit spent at Hanford site.

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
The entire visit spent at Hanford site.

No wonder you're such a fan of "cobalt blue"...:eek:

There used to be marvelous Mexican restaurant, Zavala's, at Othello, WA.

I flew a charter into the duster strip there in '81 and the client party were all treated to a superb feast (Zavala's adopted son was partner in the FBO operation where I worked):)

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
[QUOTE=8th_note;28877

My measurements are 44, 38, 40,

:eek: Does that mean you are a girl?:D Welcome, step right up, join right in. Hell, Ol Sugar Bear will buy you one:) Enjoy, and ride safe.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard 8th note.That is great advise on the riders course. That trip over over Status pass is a very nice ride. I try to go over it when I go see my buddy in the tricities. Nice lookn bike. Shiny side up.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Welcome to the forum 8th note! As you can tell, we have a few wild and crazy folks here on the forum! Nice looking bike and +1 on the safety course. Ride safe and keep the rubber side down!

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
No wonder you're such a fan of "cobalt blue"...:eek:

There used to be marvelous Mexican restaurant, Zavala's, at Othello, WA.

I flew a charter into the duster strip there in '81 and the client party were all treated to a superb feast (Zavala's adopted son was partner in the FBO operation where I worked):)
Is "Cosmic Blue" damn it! :mad:

The color "Plutonium 239" wasn't an option. :D

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome from Longbranch, WA (kinda)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys, you know how to make a new member feel welcome.

From the nuclear reactors at Hanford to the chemical weapon repository in Hermiston, the Columbia Basin has it all. Well, everything but trees. Still lots of good places to ride, though.

In fact, I think I might ride up to Grand Coulee Dam tomorrow - looks like we'll have our first 80 degree day this year.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Thanks guys, you know how to make a new member feel welcome.

From the nuclear reactors at Hanford to the chemical weapon repository in Hermiston, the Columbia Basin has it all. Well, everything but trees. Still lots of good places to ride, though.

In fact, I think I might ride up to Grand Coulee Dam tomorrow - looks like we'll have our first 80 degree day this year.
G'Day 8th note, welcome from down this end of the world.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts