Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the fuel filter can be changed on a 2006 stratoliner, or does the fuel pump need to be replaced. If it can be is there any hints on how to best do this. Thanks for any help......

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Hey rickc I just look at the yamaha service manual and I didn't even see a fuel filter listed. I looked at the whole fuel system from tank to sub tank and pump assembly. No filter found. So I guess your answer would be no unless the book is broke? Hope someone else will chime in and confirm my findings.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the look. I had one mechanic say yes you can change it and another say no way it's a sealed unit. I just thought someone might know.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Fuel filter

Rick,

I took a look also. Don't see one, nor mention of it in the maintanence schedule. Little surprised.
Dave

·
Registered
12 Posts
Page 1-3 of the service manual describes the FI system and the first line of the paragragh states that fuel is delivered from the fuel pump to the fuel injectors through the fuel filter. The parts listing on this page does not list a seperate number identifying the fuel filter as an individual unit.
Also on page 8-1 of the troubleshooting section, the fuel filter is listed as a cause of starting problems for the bike.
Based on this, I'd strongly guess that the fuel filter is integrated into the fuel pump assy. I could not imagine Yamaha building a bike which contains no fuel filter. Ever see some of the crap that gets filtered out through a filter?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts