·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
8,066 Posts
I can read you but not hear you. ??

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,014 Posts
I read you. Undecided whether I like this new software. After an hour using it, I think I might like it better than VBulletin, who I think has lost their way in recent years. Too many useless new features and they never have had a decent mobile interface. I took a quick look at this site on my phone, and it looks much the same as it does on my PC.

I see fewer user preferences available here. Which might be a good thing. This is definitely less of a resource hog than VBulletin. After 20+ years using VB, change feels painful.

·
Super Moderator
2,729 Posts
Well I just bumped the Scavenger Hunt thread. I think if you read the Admins thread it really helps. I can find everything so far.

·
Super Moderator
7,246 Posts
I’m on Tapatalk through the forum. No issues as of yet and easy to navigate through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
How’s it working for everyone so far?

I was aprehensive at first. After a little bit i am feeling as comfortable as an old guy on a computer can. I am a hardware guy not a software kinda guy. I am almost as comfortable as the old software. Give me a week and you won't be able to shut me up again.

·
Registered
2010 Vstar 950. Candy Red.
1,054 Posts
How’s it working for everyone so far?
My previous bookmark was broken. No prob there. Everything here has worked very well for me so far. That is, once I finally realized I was in the right place. Was not expecting the change. Should I have?
So far, so good. One definite improvement: I inserted a couple of pictures in an ad and they were automagically resized properly and inserted correctly. I like that.

·
Premium Member
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
1,014 Posts
...once I finally realized I was in the right place. Was not expecting the change. Should I have?
No. Probably most of us who aren't moderators didn't have a clue that a change was coming. Seems bizarre to me that they didn't post a sticky or forum wide notice that a change was coming. I only found reference to it in the help section. Who hangs around down there?

Water under the bridge at this point.

·
Premium Member
2018 SVTC
2,742 Posts
Thanks Keith. We sure had a lot of fun! That was taken during our Waynesville rally this year!

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
8,066 Posts
No. Probably most of us who aren't moderators didn't have a clue that a change was coming. Seems bizarre to me that they didn't post a sticky or forum wide notice that a change was coming. I only found reference to it in the help section. Who hangs around down there?

Water under the bridge at this point.
There were several notices sent out a while ago that the format was being updated, but without much detail. The Moderators found out the same time as you with this thread:

I like the new format, works better and faster on mobile devices and really like the way you can post pictures. Change can almost always be challenging, especially for me, but this change has been painless for me. Everyone please post questions as you may have as I'm sure others will benefit from the answer.

Reactions: Keith Post

·
Super Moderator
7,246 Posts
The SVTC’s have a great lean angle Tony!
Les is correct, there were a few notices sent about the changes, and even us moderators didn’t have much detail as to what to except. Change isn’t easy for an old geezer like me, however please give it a chance, and it is easier to post pictures.
I think after a few days we’ll get accustomed to the changes. We’re a very intelligent membership, we can do this.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts