Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 1100 Classic, 16 inch shield which as the National Cycle logo on it. I contacted NC with description, and they verified it is a Yamaha shield supplied by them back then.

The shield's horizontal strap has 4 fasteners, and the vertical straps each have two additional screws, for a total of 8...4 across and four down. The replacement shields offered by everyone including NC has straps with 5 across.

NC says they cannot supply a replacement shield (I want to change it from 16 inches to 21 inches). They also will not sell me a shield having no drilled holes so I could adapt it, which I find kind of odd.

I found only one company that offers the shield but it is bronze solar tinted, which I'd rather not.

So, I am looking for a supplier of replacement plastic with no tint and no hardware, 21 inches tall, either undrilled or in the 4-across pattern.

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Any dealer can sell you the stock 21 inch shield or get it from an online source such as Cruiser Customizing. Here is the part number: STR-5BN03-11-00

·
Registered
239 Posts
That is the solar bronze tinted shield. I'd like a clear one...:)
As mentioned above, the stock windshield is 4 across and 2 down on each side. You can pick it up at any dealer or off eBay. Yes, it's solar bronze but the Silverado model which I installed doesn't appear to have tinting. Looking at the pic below it doesn't appear to have a heavy tint.

Windshield from Yamaha

:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts