Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have the left side alternator cover off and I'm looking at the external shift mechanism. This is the part that the shift shaft runs through. I'm having trouble getting my bike into neutral, before I messed with it, it would shift into neutral. The exact problem I'm having is I can't get the roller on the stopper lever to match up with the detent on the shift cam. I can currently shift through almost 2 gears without pulling in the clutch. I thought it was down into first up into neutral and then 2nd but my neutral light doesn't come on where as it did before I took the shift mechanism out to inspect it. I'm stumped, the shift cam won't come back enough so I can put the roller on it and I have no idea how to do it. any help is appreciated

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The issue has been resolved. all I had to do was roll the bike and the cam shifter went back to position. such an easy fix too. this was after I drained all the oil and spent several hours taking the shift rod on and off. ugggh, at least its good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts