Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Happy New Year. I bought a left over 2007 v star 1100 custom (from a Yamaha dealer). The dealer bought it as left over stock from an other shop and it had no keys. THey were able to cut a key for it by using the codes. I can start the bike, lock and unlock the tank, battery cover, helmet lock. My problem is I can not get the fork to lock. My dealer is stumped they say the only thing they can do is replace all the locks on the bike.

They are willing to do this but it seems costly and time consuming. Any Ideas on how to fix this.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Don't know, just a shot in the dark here. Sometimes you have to move (wiggle) your forks out of total lock to get the the thing to engage, at least that is worth a try:) That's the way mine works.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
If what sugar suggests doesn't work, take the lock mechanism out and give it a good clean and lube. The grease may have dried up and it's causing the lock to stick. It would be a good practise to remove it anyways just in case something is broken inside; don't want to have a lock up when your riding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts