Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all it's been a while! I've had this itch to get on the bike for a few weeks now but living in Iowa it's pretty much impossible. Just got another 2 inches of snow last night.

Anyhow i was looking to get new side covers for my V-star 1100 Silverado (somewhere around $100-$125 for set) but all i've come across are plastic Chrome painted ones. Are these decent quality or will they scratch if say i drop it on accident getting to the tool kit or somthin? Heres the link to the covers if your not sure what i'm talking about: http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?model_id=36&Category_ID=7&manufacturer_ID=66&product_ID=10384&related=short ....

One last question, it says these covers use existing hardware to mount, but my OEM covers fit real loosely on the left side and wiggle back and forth when fully attached to bike, i'd hate for it to fall off while i'm driving down the road any suggestions?

Thanks a lot and HURRY UP SUMMER!

Matt.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Definitely need to get summer here in a hurry. 4" of snow shut down GA quick. Haven't even been able to get out in the cage this week yet.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
big storm hitting up here late tonight.
bring it on, I'm ready

besides, made this wait till winter to get it fixed up to be ready for spring (medial meniscus mod complete)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Sorry guys,

While I feel your pain and anguish of seeing your ride sitting unused in the garage while the outside is buried under several feet of snow.

We're out riding here in Vegas.

Just finished the HD sponsored "Frosty Balls" run last weekend. And, this weekend it may be in the mid-60's so we might make a day trip to Death Valley over in California.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Snowing hard here in ONT Canada but my snowmobile sure helps with the winter blue cus i'm still riding something
I still want to rig up something to ride the motorcycle in the snow.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
I'll take a wild guess it was based on the motorcycle but I also think Ski-Do was the first to offer a production and create the market for them, years before bike makers joined in.
Then followed the same path for personal watercrafts.
But I am just talking out my &$)) because I'm not in the mood to research it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Well,...... when you're a laided up gimp it seems you have the time to cruise the Net......:D:D:D

Sorry, but I've had 3 knee ops over the years so I understand .

Damn !, I didn't know the 1st patent was way back in 1927 !!!!

·
Registered
214 Posts
What kind ?? a 2 runner or a tobaggan...?

Another set of useless questions...:p:p

Does Yamaha make snowmobiles ?

Are snowmobile engines rated in hrs just like jetskis and boats are ???

1 - 20 of 30 Posts