Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, i'm just curious i've done some research and can't find an answer I like I have a 2003 vstar 1100, I recently installed a spike air cleaner and rejetted the carbs but after a short ride and some more researching about them i've decided to just go back to stock. While putting the original jets back in I had one of the carb heaters come apart on me. Now I have one on order but i'm hoping to ride this weekend and my question is if this will have any impact on the bike if I leave the one unplugged or should I leave both unplugged and try to ride like this? I'm near Toronto and temp is going to be about 15-20 degrees celcius this weekend. Any help is much appreciated, Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great thanks pauli466, i've still got my fingers crossed that the parts will arrive today. If not I will run this weekend without then install once it comes in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the carb heaters are just there for cold weather starts I believe. outside that I don't believe they serve any other purpose. so once the bike is started then they are just docile I assume. must be regulated by the computer somehow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts