Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I have been having issues since rejetting carb a couple years ago its never been quite right and i have had some fuel smells. Took out the carb to check he work i did and noticed that it looked like I had lost something out of the bottom. On one side of the carb is a nipple on plug. Same spot other carb is an empty threaded hole. Anyone know what I am missing? I dont remember taking anything out of there.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think that is the carb heater on the left.... a friend just stopped by with her vstar and it had a rubber/plastic philips screw in it with a gasket which would explain the smell of gas i have been getting when I have shut down my bike.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
i think that is the carb heater on the left.... a friend just stopped by with her vstar and it had a rubber/plastic philips screw in it with a gasket which would explain the smell of gas i have been getting when I have shut down my bike.
it look's like an empty hole on this one also http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-V-Star-XVS1100-XVS-1100-Carburetors-Carbs-Carb-Assembly-Rack-CLEAN-/272159785592?fits=Model:V+Star+1100&hash=item3f5dfcc278:g:7JIAAOSwvgdW3atS&vxp=mtr or maybe a nipple with a cap on it?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts