Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am knew here first I would like to say thank you. Here is my question. Last summer I Bought a 2000 Silverado 1600 from my girlfriends father one owner bike 18,000 miles very sweet bike!!! He gave me 3 sets of pipes and the bike has a K and N air filter I deiced to use Vance and Hines pipes.( the two pipe exhaust) I tried the the two into one just to loud for me. My problem is my carb needs to be clean. I am not sure what size jet kit I should have in there. He gave me 3 exhaust and many jet kits. I want to make sure I have the right jets in there. He is not sure he has not pulled apart in 14 years. I called Vance and Hines but no help they just said a Dyno kit. Any help would be great. What I am looking for is jet numbers I am sure I have the right ones I have many. With out buying another kit I can no get help Local or threw Manufacture. Again thanks for taking time to read this and any help. Mike P.S any riders in Maine or New Hampshire This is my second year ridding on road. Me and my girlfriend would love to find other couples to ride with. Now lets help get me back up and going :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
op, with v&h pipes and a k&n filter on my '99 1600 i purchased a dynojet stage 2 jet kit which are intended for bikes with modified air intake and exhaust. after a good carb clean and an install i did some test rides and bored my main jet by hand until it felt the way i wanted. i don't recommend quite the route i took as it is a lot of work and purpose based however most stage 2 jet kits should do the trick for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts