Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
slip on exhaust and pod kit

do you have stock intake and exhaust,what was the reason for rejetting
I built a pod kit using k & N filters and I have a slip on exhaust. I followed the chart on here but I am ashamed to say I lost one of the springs on the needles. I couldnt find one in Ottawa so I jury rigged it with springs out of ball point pens. I am thinking they are too strong in comparison to the old ones. Thats the only thing I could see that I might have done wrong. https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home/tuning/carb-jetting

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did 2 1/2 turns. Not sure why but now its bogging out completely. No power low or mid range. Starts rough and stalls half the time. I just finished bobbing the bike out. I should have left the carb alone and enjoyed it for a while before screwing around with it again. I am trying to find a chart I had detailing symptoms and adjustments with a Carb

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah **** I bet you it did I checked the seals on the bowls after I rejetted and I may have lifted it out. The chart said 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 so I started at 2.5. My confusion with the chart is it has two lists for PMS Mix max old pms pre 2008 and post. mine is 2007 if I go by year then its only 1 turn and that doesnt seem right.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got rid of the ais the day I took home the bike. This problem really has me stressed. The needles are in place. Going to check the plugs. I have exhaust leaks too to deal with. So much for a long ride today lol

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Listen to what Nick is telling you.

It sounds like you've still got something no right in the carbs, which is more than just a PMS adjustment. We've all been there. Usually that means going back through everything and retracing steps until you find out the issue. These carbs are very simple, but you have to follow every step in the process exactly. Make sure you put the jets in the right places.

Let me know when you are ready for a solenoid delete kit....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
taking it back out

pilots, 17.5 or 20.0, two shims total 147 or 150 mains, about 3 turns on the screws
Could I have put the wrong pilots in a couple years ago. I used the dyno kit back then and its never been right since. Taking the carb out now to check the pilots and turn out the pms another half turn. Thanks Nick and Rick

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts