Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone made a tool to sync the carbs on an 1100 Silverado? I made one to do the carbs on a 650 vstar custom. I got the instructions off of 650 vstar cc&d forum, which I can't seem to find now.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
I've never made one but I saw plenty of how tos on YouTube. Just google DIY Manometer and you should get plenty of hits.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have made one similar to the Marty one. I used 1/4" tubing, mounted to a board with 1/8" tube going to the carbs.The hose barbs that connect to the vacuum lines have been soldered shut and a tiny [I think a#62 drill] hole drilled. If the hole is too big the ATF will bounce too much to get a good reading.
It is very accurate and only took about an hour to build . When I'm not using it, it hangs out of the way on a wall.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
I made one using 2 jars with ATF in them, it works but it quickly empties one jar making it difficult to adjust the carbs. I think I will switch over to the vacuum gauges mentioned above.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Has anyone made a tool to sync the carbs on an 1100 Silverado? I made one to do the carbs on a 650 vstar custom. I got the instructions off of 650 vstar cc&d forum, which I can't seem to find now.
an easy way to find the 650 forum is google 650 vstar carb tuning

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
I though I would try something different, just purchased 2 gauges for cheap from ebay, $3.61 each and will mount them to a board. I will post on how it turns out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts