Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used one of these units? I have both carb and FI bikes. I synced the carbs in the spring, and am thinking about my FI sync. Looking for feed back pros or cons. Or even if there is other units out there. I have a couple friends wanting there bikes done as well, I'M thinking this unit will be easier to do both.

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
When I did my carbs and intake boots earlier in 2014 I made my Carb sync tool from the parts list shown on the CC&D forum.
A ruler, hoses and some vacuum tee's. I used 2 stroke oil in mine.
worked like a charm after getting to oil level correct in the hoses.

It seems you can add a good bit of oil to this. NOT you only need to put maybe 2 to 4 ozs in thats it.

As far as stabile readings goes it was a little tricky. Adjust, wait, blip throttle , adjust, wait, repeat...

I had preplumbed my intake with all the hoses so I could ride the bike
until fully warmed and then hook up the assembly without burning your hands up. coat hanger on the left handlebar hold the unit nicely.
The sync adjustment is very finicky. A little gnats aass turn of the adjuster can send it wildly out of sync. So it takes some trial and error.

jake:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Yes Sparkn, Thats exactly what mine is like. With some larger OD hose and the vacuum tee's. I keep it hanging in the laundry room for
when it comes time to check the balance of things.

So far bike is running like a scalded dog.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts