Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so, got an old ‘00 that needs a LOT of love for a winter project. Noticed the carbs would stick open at wherever position you left them at while mated via the bracket. Figured they were just nasty, I planned on rebuilding anyway. Once separated, I noticed they opened and snapped closed as very efficiently, as advertised. So, I rebuilt them, cleaned heavily, and they snapped closed like normal while solo. Once I reattached them to the bracket, nothing has changed still binding open. What gives? Clearances inside and around the bracket look fine. No noticeable rubbing or hanging. I just don’t get it. Anyone else ever have this issue and figured it out?? Thanks for your help in advance! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok so, got an old ‘00 that needs a LOT of love for a winter project. Noticed the carbs would stick open at wherever position you left them at while mated via the bracket. Figured they were just nasty, I planned on rebuilding anyway. Once separated, I noticed they opened and snapped closed as very efficiently, as advertised. So, I rebuilt them, cleaned heavily, and they snapped closed like normal while solo. Once I reattached them to the bracket, nothing has changed still binding open. What gives? Clearances inside and around the bracket look fine. No noticeable rubbing or hanging. I just don’t get it. Anyone else ever have this issue and figured it out?? Thanks for your help in advance! :)
It was a bent linkage issue that I wouldn’t think would cause it. But it did. Ha!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts