Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
04 V Star 1100 Custom
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Light Gas Automotive tire Wood Metal

Does this look like a stock needle? The reason I asked is I ordered another one from partszilla and the picture they have only shows one slot on the needle. I lost the e-clip and it looks like you can only buy the hole setup with the needle.

·
Registered
05 VStar 650 Custom, 87 GL1200 Interstate, 07 Tank 150 scooter, 2018 TaoTao Rhino 250 atv
33 Posts
You might try Ace hardware. They used to carry a bunch of clips. In answer to your question the carb needles with multiple slots should be oem. I don’t know if the single slotted ones are stock or not, I think those are adjusted with shims. My All Balls carb kit had the single slot needles but no shims. Good luck!

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
12,735 Posts
Rectangle Font Parallel Electric blue Wood

Font Parallel Number Document

·
12,735 Posts
Just use the center notch, is the same position as the single notch. Put them side to side to confirm. Here's link to info, about halfway down page.

·
Registered
04 V Star 1100 Custom
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Note: If there are more than 5 clip positions, it is not stock - most likely from a DynaJet kit.
you can check the tuning section of the WKb for info on needles. if you have dyna jet needles you probably have dyna jets too.
They are definitely dyno jet needles I ordered all stock size jets for the carb and I bought a pod kit that came with the main jets. I lost the c -clip trying to change its position on the needle for the instructions of the pod kit. So maybe that was a blessing because it might have been in the wrong spot on the needle?

·
Registered
04 V Star 1100 Custom
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just use the center notch, is the same position as the single notch. Put them side to side to confirm. Here's link to info, about halfway down page.

So if the center notch is the same as the single notch? Would I move the clip down one from that notch for my pod kit or no?

·
12,735 Posts
What Nick said 👆
Just follow the link above I posted.

Reactions: Dsmooth12

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
354 Posts
I often read through the various carburetor threads like this one, mostly because I've always been amazed that carburetors work at all plus it is interesting to try to glean general knowledge from the many experts that obviously have many years/miles of experience.

Then I thank my lucky stars that I have fuel injectors......

Right up til one of those electromechanical devices throws craps in the middle of nowhere..... but then I'll have to hope I can get her in on one cylinder. :D:cool:

·
Registered
04 V Star 1100 Custom
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I often read through the various carburetor threads like this one, mostly because I've always been amazed that carburetors work at all plus it is interesting to try to glean general knowledge from the many experts that obviously have many years/miles of experience.

Then I thank my lucky stars that I have fuel injectors......

Right up til one of those electromechanical devices throws craps in the middle of nowhere..... but then I'll have to hope I can get her in on one cylinder. :D:cool:
I here ya. I’ve only had nothing but fuel injected sports bikes still have 2! I was. given this V Star from my uncle. Went to put a pod kit on and lost the e-clip on the needle in the carb but realized they weren’t stock when that happened so now I wait for a stock kit to arrive I can give this carb a good cleaning and not have to touch it for a while once it’s put back together and I know exactly what’s in it and how it’s setup Incase a issue pops up down the road 🤙🏽

·
12,735 Posts
Not sure which jets you are using. Here’s a very good reference link.

Rectangle Product Font Slope Line

Reactions: Dsmooth12

·
Registered
04 V Star 1100 Custom
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not sure which jets you are using. Here’s a very good reference link.

View attachment 112063
This is exactly what I have now. The carb did have dyno jet needles and jets. The dyno jets main were cj110 in the front cylinder and cj108 in the back cylinder but I took those out because the pod kit came with the 150 main jets for both cylinders. And both pilots are 17.5. I am just waiting on the stock needles and e- clips to put it all back together.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts