Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to give a shout out to SlipGrip

http://stores.intuitwebsites.com/hstrial-eGeneralMerch/-strse-Bike-Car-Mounts/Categories.bok

I have the HTC Incredible and there are almost no mounts specifically for the phone and I really didn't what a universal mount. It fits the phone perfectly. (I have the Verizon OEM cover).

I called the guy and they have great customer service. I suggested he offer them in chrome and he said he would definitely check into it.

Running my 12v power outlet this weekend so I can plug it up.

·
Administrator
13,277 Posts
i'm not about to trust my smartphone with any of those holders. no way. i have a windshield bag that i place my phone in and can charge it from there to my power outlet and run my headphones into the bag at the same time

·
Registered
126 Posts
That's pretty neat. However, they're advertising the Blackberry Torch for Verizon. Too bad it's not even offered through them. Anyways, I might look into this type of option to be able to use my phone as a GPS through Google Maps.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
It's marketed as SlipGrip... Hmmm does it slip in and grip or does the grip slip? I'm with the windshield bag. I can't talk and ride at the same time anyway. I just let it charge from my powerport and check when I get my next poker card.

·
Registered
239 Posts
i'm not about to trust my smartphone with any of those holders. no way. i have a windshield bag that i place my phone in and can charge it from there to my power outlet and run my headphones into the bag at the same time
+1

I do the same here on my 650 Classic.

:)

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
i'm not about to trust my smartphone with any of those holders. no way. i have a
Wife and she holds the smart phone. But we do have the CARDO and you can call-or-make calls by voice with a smart phone. I put my basic phone in the tank bib and might look at it when the day is done.:D

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
basically just using it for the GPS and Map features. I like to ride till I get lost....it's getting home thats the hard part

1 - 7 of 7 Posts