Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a new rear tire installed about 1000 miles ago at a local Yamaha Dealer and these Beads were installed on my 1100 classic. I've had no trouble with them and have no complaints.
The Owner of the Dealership called me and asked me how I liked them or had any complaints about the beads??? Is there something I should know??? He must have called for some reason. Should I be worried?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Someone in this forum mentioned that a 'smaller' brand of beads would become lodged in the fill nozzle :confused:

...or maybe it's the first time the your dealer used them and he was hoping for some feedback :confused:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Do you know what brand the beads are? Dyna Beads have long been used with no issues. There are more and more coming out, and I have heard of the issue where they can be too small and get lodged in the valve core. Not sure of what specific brand that is.

I am 1/2 way through my second rear tire using Dyna Beads and have never had an issue.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Dyna Beads are awesome. I had a issue on a previous bike having cupped the front tire. The shop removed the wheel weights and installed dyna beads. Not long and the bike smoothed out and the tire was round. Never had a vibration issue again. Infact that reminds me I'm gonna have some installed in the star.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the brand called Counter Act balancing beads. They are much smaller than the Dyna beads that I have used in the past. With that being said they also have a different valve core that comes with the beads. I have heard of people having issues with the smaller beads and it always turned out the did not put the new style valve core in. As soon as they replace the core it solves the problem. I must say that I the Dyna beads were great. But I like the counter act even better no low speed 0-20 mph vibration like with the Dyna beads. The Counter Act are made from different material that keeps them from clumping like the Dyna beads do from moisture. JMO

1 - 5 of 5 Posts