Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've bought new handlebars[1] for my XVS1100 (2007), but they don't have threaded inserts at the end of handlebar to screw the stock bar end weights in. Is it possible to remove these inserts from my old handlebar (I tried, but they didn't seem to move a bit) and move to the new one? Or do I have to buy new grips as well? How did you switched handlebars?

1. Lucas Handlebar Apehanger black road legal in Germany Yamaha XVS 1100 Drag Star | eBay

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
You wont be able to use the bar end wights and don't need them. Now it the time to get a nice pair off ISO grips.
throw a cloth over the bike tank and front fender. loosen the riser so bar can be moved for slack. remove the brake
and put in a plastic bag and tape it up. Remove the clutch, loosen all the screws in the grips, control box's and slide them off.
Remove the tops of risers . Bolts on riser's have a plastic plug in them that you pop out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You wont be able to use the bar end wights and don't need them. Now it the time to get a nice pair off ISO grips.
throw a cloth over the bike tank and front fender. loosen the riser so bar can be moved for slack. remove the brake
and put in a plastic bag and tape it up. Remove the clutch, loosen all the screws in the grips, control box's and slide them off.
Remove the tops of risers . Bolts on riser's have a plastic plug in them that you pop out.
Thank you for detailed description. Any recommendations for particular ISO grips?

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I have a set of Kuryakyns on my bagger for 5/6yr. and they look like new. Last year I got a set of look-a-like from ebay for 15.bucks.
They look and feel like the Kuryakyn and have been on my bobber-- they look good also and I color matched them to the bike.
There is a lot to pick from and the price is $ too $$$$$$.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts