Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those who are looking to change their own tires I can recommend the following products, Derek Weaver powered tire changer machine, price is not bad at all, I purchased their W-M807 with assist arm free shipping and a lift gate truck was included at no extra charge.

For an air compressor I purchased a Quincy QT-54 vertical 60 gallon two stage four cylinder air compressor with a 100% duty cycle, again not a bad price at Northern Tool & Equipment.

I would also recommend purchasing at least one rim clamp to help push the stiff sidewall down into the drop zone of the rim for low profile tires like the Star Venture uses on the rear.

Between the assist arm and the rim clamp it makes changing a rear tire a breeze for the Star Venture.

If you want to try and change the tires manually then I would purchase a minimum of three of the rim clamps and even better four of them to keep the stiff side wall of the rear tire down in the drop zone of the rim.

I had a No-Mar Jr-Pro with all the extras for touring bike tires but you just had to work way to hard with the No-Mar.

The Derek Weaver powered tire machine is so much faster and way less work, or as I put it, work smarter not harder.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Wow. That costs more than my bike!
I'm sure the machine makes it fun, but I'll stick to tire irons, and a little bit of time for now. Good point about the rim clamps though, they def speed up the mount process... Ride safe American!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts