Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

281 - 300 of 311 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have enjoyed reading this thread in the forum. I am blessed to hear and read of all the miracles out there in this group of people. From the other side of the spectrum I want to share that sometimes our faith is only strengthened and developed through our pain. 2 1/2 years ago i lost my brother who was 53 years old to prostate cancer. Hundreds of prayers by many people. God did not intervene, 1 year later i lost my son to a rare form of childhood cancer that he should not have had. He lasted 6 months after diagnosis. 32 years old and a newlywed. Hundreds of prayers again but no intervention from God. Faith is tested and deepened in these moments in no other way. I have wrestled with Gods goodness in the dark nights of my soul, but i still know Him to be a faithful source of strength and hope. I smile a little less often, but looking forward to seeing those two again someday.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Faith is tested and deepened in these moments in no other way. I have wrestled with Gods goodness in the dark nights of my soul, but i still know Him to be a faithful source of strength and hope. I smile a little less often, but looking forward to seeing those two again someday.
thanks for sharing. It reminds me so much of Job who lost everything but maintained his integrity and righteousness before God. Take comfort in that your testimony is an inspiration to others in our walk through this world, in which we are just pilgrims passing thru. 1Peter 1:7 tells us that God views the trial of your faith as being more precious than gold which perishes. Keep the faith bro'.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
I have enjoyed reading this thread in the forum. I am blessed to hear and read of all the miracles out there in this group of people. From the other side of the spectrum I want to share that sometimes our faith is only strengthened and developed through our pain. 2 1/2 years ago i lost my brother who was 53 years old to prostate cancer. Hundreds of prayers by many people. God did not intervene, 1 year later i lost my son to a rare form of childhood cancer that he should not have had. He lasted 6 months after diagnosis. 32 years old and a newlywed. Hundreds of prayers again but no intervention from God. Faith is tested and deepened in these moments in no other way. I have wrestled with Gods goodness in the dark nights of my soul, but i still know Him to be a faithful source of strength and hope. I smile a little less often, but looking forward to seeing those two again someday.
I lost a brother myself and my wife's brother. I know my in laws never got over it but learned to live with it. They go on with the fond memories of him. He has been gone almost 25 years now. The only good that comes out of it is you learn to love family more. Appreciate good friends more. And somehow it gives you more faith.

·
Super Moderator
6,407 Posts
I lost my best childhood friend to a drunk driver on Mother’s Day in 1973 two weeks before he was scheduled to come spend the summer with me.
When I graduated Police Academy I dedicated my career in his name and was excited when I became a traffic/dui investigator in hopes that no one else would ever have to experience the same thing. I’m pleased to say I was part of over 1500 DUI convictions with a conviction rate of 98.9%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,458 Posts
x

281 - 300 of 311 Posts