Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

341 - 360 of 393 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
My daughter sent me this on Friday. It is the song Hallelujah set to new lyrics. I enjoyed it and thought it would be a blessing to those Christians celebrating Resurrection Sunday but having to stay home today. Hope some of you enjoy it as well and the message it brings. God bless. Be safe all.

·
Super Moderator
6,732 Posts
Last evening and into early morning we had several storms roll through here. Several deaths from tornadoes and several homes damaged. My 93 year old Mom was in the path but the storm diverted and went north. About a mile away from her, everything was leveled. She’s without power, but her caretaker and husband are there with her and she’s ok, but power won’t be restored for at least a week. My nephew and I can’t get to her because the whole area is blocked off. We’re glad she’s alright and her caretakers, so please remember them in your prayers and thoughts for everyone effected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,563 Posts
Prays sent.

·
Premium Member
2018 SVTC
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #347
Last evening and into early morning we had several storms roll through here. Several deaths from tornadoes and several homes damaged. My 93 year old Mom was in the path but the storm diverted and went north. About a mile away from her, everything was leveled. She’s without power, but her caretaker and husband are there with her and she’s ok, but power won’t be restored for at least a week. My nephew and I can’t get to her because the whole area is blocked off. We’re glad she’s alright and her caretakers, so please remember them in your prayers and thoughts for everyone effected.

Will do!

·
Premium Member
2018 SVTC
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #348 (Edited)
Just a thought....
For those of you who really love Christ and have made a commitment to follow him that goes beyond lip service or just Christmas & Easter services;
have you ever noticed that it seems those who are the least religious and most often the most ungodly are the ones who know exactly what a Christian is or isn’t supposed to be? It’s so odd they can so readily tell you what a Christian should or shouldn’t do, yet in all their “knowledge & understanding” they’re not interested in living it themselves as an example.
Would you take marriage counseling from an adulterer whose been married and divorced 6 times? Would you take abstinence advice from a hooker? Or how about compassion advice from someone advocating the murder of unborn children?
No my friends, you wouldn’t. Neither should you allow ungodly people to define you. Let your correction come by the Holy Spirit. Let your approval come from the Son and the Father, for it is he alone we shall stand before and give account.
And what then shall be the end of those who say “they know” but choose to ignore?

Be encouraged in this... it says “Blessed is the man who is not condemned in what he allows.”
And more importantly “Let the peace of God RULE (umpire, meaning call the shots) in your hearts.” That inner peace of the Spirit of God is our UMPIRE.
PLAY BALL!! ?

·
Super Moderator
6,732 Posts
Thanks everyone! Her caretaker was able to message us all and said they’re safe, but locked down since most of all the local businesses were shut down. They have food and they’re warm, but no one is allowed in the area until Wednesday. I’m off Wednesday and Thursday so I’ll be going by to check on them.

·
Premium Member
2018 SVTC
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #350
Thanks everyone! Her caretaker was able to message us all and said they’re safe, but locked down since most of all the local businesses were shut down. They have food and they’re warm, but no one is allowed in the area until Wednesday. I’m off Wednesday and Thursday so I’ll be going by to check on them.

Good news Keith, thanks for the update.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,563 Posts

Great to hear, let us know what you find out on Wednesday.

·
Super Moderator
6,732 Posts
I’m excited to share this with y’all.
I have an older sister, seven years older to be exact. Back in 99’ our Grandmother passed away and my younger brother and older sister were together at the funeral. First time we’d all been together in 15 years.
Due to a major family crisis, we three didn’t talk much to each other, and since Monica and I attend church, etc, I felt a huge burden on my heart to patch things up between us all.
I sat down and wrote my sister and brother each a heartfelt letter and prayed over them.
My sister responded first and then my brother. Their relationship is taking a little longer but it’s improving.
When my sister called I poured my heart out to her, my sister was/is my hero. I confided everything in my sister and my success in life is largely attributed to her and her caring/nurturing nature. At 50 years old she went back to school and became an R.N. Our family had its share of domestic violence and alcoholism when we were young and I won’t go into it here, however that’s all in the past.
What I’m excited about is that my sister has relocated to Kentucky from southern Arizona, and as soon as the ban from the Covid-19 is lifted, Monica and I are going to Louisville to see her! Our Mom is 93 now and my sister has patched things up with her as well. My sister is coming here later in the year to spend some time with our Mom. I haven’t seen my sister in person since 1999, and I feel so blessed and honored to have her back in my life and we talk fairly frequently. God does answer prayers, I’d have never thought this would happen, and my heart no longer aches!

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
That is so cool there has been some animosity thru the years with my siblings also. We put aside our differences and don't let them keep us apart about 15 years ago. My twin brother and i make it a point to get to Kentucky at least once a year. (our spring bass trip that got cancelled). September now when things settle down. My brother in law 2 miles away is a different story. I don't like the way he looks down on my wife, but i am the type to forgive because Life is way too short!

·
Super Moderator
6,732 Posts
Yes sir, you’re very welcome! Thanks all for your replies. My exceptional wife, Monica, has been a huge help as I bounced my ideas on how to make it all work.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Keith That is awesome! It always amazes me what tends to break families up. My dads brothers and sisters went through something similar. In the end I think they all forgot what started all of it but they were too stubborn to address it before it was too late. It takes a bunch of character to be able to humble yourself and seek to wipe the slate clean. Just a question. Is your mother aware of what happened between your brother and sister? I have a suspicion she is aware and what joy it will bring to her to see her children reunited as a family. Humility is something that goes a long way in resolving family conflict. Seeking forgiveness and being willing to forgive is a sign of great character. Enjoy the time with your family Keith and Monica! Very heartwarming!

341 - 360 of 393 Posts