Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

361 - 380 of 399 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,763 Posts
Thank you sir!
Yes my Mom is aware and I failed to say that my Mom and sister didn’t speak since 99’ as well. When I decided to take the reins on this, part of the plan was for those two to reunite before my Mom passed away as then it’d be too late. I figured if it started with my sister and me, the rest will follow. Monica and I worked on this together and saw it unfold in front of us. It’s not perfect yet, however things are definitely much better. My brother is the the most difficult one because he’s the baby and plays the part quite well, but for my Mom to be laughing and talking on the phone with my sister is nothing short of a miracle. When Monica and I go to Louisville to see my sister, you can bet I’ll take pics, and when my sister comes here to see Mom, pics as well! If my brother swallows some of his pride, I’m hoping we can have a mini reunion at my Moms place. She’s nearing being bed ridden, so I’m praying we can do it this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,763 Posts
Update on my Mom:
Her neighborhood is now allowing visitors so I’m planning to go see her this weekend since I’m off.
Sad news is that my friend Tommy that I previously spoke about has passed away he went to sleep and never woke up. Cancer got the best of him.

Our family was touched by the covid-19 as my Uncle Dennis passed away from it, he was in a senior center when he got infected.
Dennis’s daughter, Denise, her husband was killed in a freak car accident at work. Car came through his building and took him out, he never saw it coming.
Lastly, another cousin passed away from a stroke in Maryland, our family has been hit hard lately, but we’re bouncing back! I’m convinced that the Lord takes you when he’s ready.

·
Premium Member
2018 SVTC
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #367 (Edited)
Sorry to hear that Keith. Remember Gods promise “I will never leave you nor forsake you...”.
Interesting to note that in the original Greek it says “I will not, I will not, I will not ever relax my hold nor loosen my grip or let go of you NO NEVER!”
You notice that “I will not” is repeated 3 times?
That’s because The FATHER, The SON & The HOLY SPIRIT are EACH declaring “I will not”!
May the knowledge of the Holy Trinity’s promise comfort your heart.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,658 Posts
Keith, praying of God's will for you and your family.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
So sorry for your loss Keith. Gods grace and power will help you through these difficult times. I will be having a Pepsi tomorrow in honor of Tommy!

·
Super Moderator
6,763 Posts
Thanks everyone, very much appreciated. I’m blessed to be a part of this forum with so many great people that I can call friends. With everything going on with the pandemic, and political scene, it’s great to be able to share here on the Chaplains Corner.

·
Super Moderator
6,763 Posts
Went to see my Mom today, exactly one month after the Easter tornado hit East Chattanooga.
We got her a huge slice of Strawberry shortcake from City Cafe.
Here she is enjoying it!

Next pics are from the devastation near her house.

This lot was the Mapco we always got gas from, just the foundation is left.

Lots of damage and homes destroyed, so sad .

·
6,658 Posts
Really nice you got to spend some time with Mom. Hopefully the rebuild goes smoothly for her community.

·
Super Moderator
6,763 Posts
She’s in good spirits and grateful she didn’t suffer any severe damage. The pics I posted aren’t even close to seeing the damage in person. The road to her house was lined with trees and a lot of vegetation, all of that is gone now. My Mom is tough though, I tell her she’s tougher than an old pair of leather boots. My grandmother Hazel, her Mother, was the same way.

·
Super Moderator
6,763 Posts
This week is National Police Week, it’s in memory of fallen officers and their families. I’ve lost several friends in the line of duty and attended way too many funerals.
As the resentment towards Police continues to grow through the media and social media, I only ask that you take a moment and just say hi to an officer and thank them for their service. I agree that there are some bad ones out there, just like there are bad lawyers, bad Doctors, etc. However for all those that will never make it home, I only ask for prayers. It means so much to an officer when they get a thank you.

·
Premium Member
2018 SVTC
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #377
This week is National Police Week, it’s in memory of fallen officers and their families. I’ve lost several friends in the line of duty and attended way too many funerals.
As the resentment towards Police continues to grow through the media and social media, I only ask that you take a moment and just say hi to an officer and thank them for their service. I agree that there are some bad ones out there, just like there are bad lawyers, bad Doctors, etc. However for all those that will never make it home, I only ask for prayers. It means so much to an officer when they get a thank you.

Will do.
And Thank YOU Keith!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I do not understand why only one week out of the year?? If anything that 2020 has taught us I would think that front line people deserve more than one week of gratitude from the communities they serve. I can not imagine what our world would be like without the presence of our first responder's...

Thank You Keith and all who serve, have served and will serve!

·
6,658 Posts
I do not understand why only one week out of the year?? If anything that 2020 has taught us I would think that front line people deserve more than one week of gratitude from the communities they serve. I can not imagine what our world would be like without the presence of our first responder's...

Thank You Keith and all who serve, have served and will serve!
Totally agree, I was even nice to the policeman that pulled me over the other day. To my surprise he just wanted to ask me about my rear light setup.

·
Super Moderator
6,763 Posts
Thanks everyone.
I think at times the public forgets we are human too. We have to use the restroom out in the field, we have to eat when available, etc. I’ve encountered numerous times when a restaurant comes to a halt when me and my partner walk in to a restaurant and we get starred at in uniform, or when someone approaches asking about the ticket they got a week ago from another department.
Then when we get dispatched to a shooting or stabbing and rush out without ever touching our meal, lol.
Ah, the stories I could tell, but I love interacting with kids, they’re so honest and curious. When I put them in my car for pictures with their families, they love it. I want to instill in them that we’re here for them, and to never be afraid of us. I never pass up the chance to interact with them. I introduce myself as Keith and I’m a Police Officer and I ask if they’re having a good day. When school was in session, I did school traffic detail in the morning and afternoon. I had a group of 12 kids or so that I gave sugarless gum to and always encouraged them to study hard. Today when I see them, they ask for gum and they tell me how much they miss me doing school traffic. Even if I write their parents a speeding ticket in a school zone, I intentionally speak to the kids too.

361 - 380 of 399 Posts