Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Yamaha V-Star 1300 CT.
I just returned from a fast-paced 6,400 mile winter cross country road trip on it where it experienced just about every weather condition.
I changed the oil at about the 6,000 mile mark. But to get to the point, I rode the bike yesterday morning with no issues. Then I tried turning it on again later just to move it and it wanted to start, but would not completely turn over and my check engine light turned on and displayed a number 19. I will try to include a picture of that with this post. I tried twice and it did the same thing. I left it alone for the night and re-visited the bike today. I turned the bike on and the check engine light was still on with the same number being displayed, but then I tried starting it again and it started right up and both the light and number went away. Kept it running for a while, pulling the throttle several times and everything seemed just fine. Any input on what may have caused this? Could something still be wrong with the bike? Any idea what the number 19 means?
Should I just go back to riding it like it never happened or should I look into it some more? Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
this is what I found searching for that error code....19 = short circuit to the engine control unit by pressing the start button

and also.........

19 - error on the incoming signal from the ECU (short circuit or disconnected sensor side footboard)

I would be willing to bet water /condensation/ moisture....... I would say unless it does it again consider it a fluke...... (y)

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
9,418 Posts
Noticed this was your first post. If you head over to the New Members Introduction Section and tell us a little about yourself and bike we can get to know you. Jspree gave great advice and I agree.

Reactions: Yamaha Pat

·
Registered
2008 Vstar1300
378 Posts
I'm going to agree with Lesblank.. probably water. I'd recommend a cheap bike cover for long trips just to keep the basics clean when your on the road. I have an inexpensive cover i picked up online for $15 that is small in size when stored and it covers from front wheel to back wheel including having saddlebags. It's small so it goes in the bag for longer trips just in case.. Saves ya even in rain or snow as you showed . I recently had reason to leave my bike outside for the last 2 months and yes even as a nylon cover it fared well with snow and rain. bike needs a clean up but otherwise all is good :)

Reactions: lesblank
1 - 4 of 4 Posts