Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought my first bike. A 2008 vstar 650 custom and it has less then 3k miles.
I put about 100 miles before the check engine light came on.
I looked online and read the code. It is 6 slow blinks and then 6 fast blinks. I read that it is a decompression fault sensor, but I haven't been able to find anymore info on what to do, new part, etc.
The bike still runs great as there isn't any difference in the motor running at all.
Anyone experienced this and know what to do?

I forgot to add the previous owner added Vance and Hines short shots and rejetted the carb and installed a k&n. If any of that matters.

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, i downloaded the manual. thanks btw. i have tried to do some searching for the fault codes and decompression, and the only thing i have been able to turn up is what was on page 7-49. it states there are fault codes, but doesnt tell you what the fault codes are.

does this bike even have a decompression solenoid?

does anyone know what the 6 slow blinks and 6 fast blinks mean?

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I have the codes for the 1100 only and I was unable to find them for the 650, The codes I have check the TPS, speed sensor, ignition coils and fuel cut off solenoid valves.
TPS is 3 long
Speed sensor is 4 long
Ignition coil 1 is 33 ==== 3 long pause 3 short
Ignition coil 2 is 34 ==== 3 long pause 4 short
Cutoff 1 is 57 ======== 5 long pause 7 short
Cutoff 2 is 58 ======== 5 long pause 8 short

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i went for a ride for about 30 miles or so last night and no light until i got back home. then the light came back on.
any ideas?

like i said before the bike performance isnt affected at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts