Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like my 2006 Royal Star Venture but who was the idiot that came up with that stupid little sight glass that is impossible to see for checking the oil. I finally got a small extendable mirror but it is sure a pita. So how do the rest of you with with a RSV check the oil.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Well I don't have an RSV but, I have the same situation with the 1300, the only disappointment with the new bike, no dipstick. Anyhow, I slide the jack in under her and lift just enough to get her level then, run it for about three minutes, let her sit for about three minutes and then get the light and get down to see the site glass. It' not a beautiful thing. :( Argh

·
Registered
421 Posts
I have had bikes with dipsticks and windows. I think the window is easier. With the dipstick you have to remove the dipstick, clean it, hold the bike level, insert and remove the dipstick, let the bike back down, and read the dipstick. Fortunately, my Majesty has a center stand, so the dipstick is easier - except it is inconveniently located behind the exhaust pipe. My old Suzuki Tempter and my 250 Ninja had the best of both worlds, having both the oil check window and a center stand.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts