Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does China make any quality products? I'm considering buying the ebay knock off of the L&M reaper front fender. Has anyone bought one? How's the quality? I hate to rehash a subject, but I can't find anything, anywhere about this. I appreciate the help.

· Registered
1982 XV1100,1989 XT600Z Tenere, 2008 F800ST
2,144 Posts
Reaction score
I have bought good fenders cheap from China, not so good fenders, and a useless fender. For the price, you usually can afford to toss one if it isn't good.

· Registered
18 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response. I've had the same experiences with Chinese made stuff. I thought maybe someone here had purchase these fender and would confirm one way or the other. Even though they're knock offs, they are expensive, for me.

· Registered
18 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought an update was appropriate. I did buy the fender, I'm pleased with the material. I was worried the fender would be thin flimsy plastic,more then fiberglass. Not so, fiberglass is solid. The workmanship is sloppy, so needs a little love before painting. I haven't tried to mount it so I can't say how it fits. One step at a time, slow and steady.

Belly pan, Front fender, Yamaha XV 1900 Raider custom Fender R21 120/70R2 set

· Registered
2 Posts
Reaction score
Does China make any quality products? I'm considering buying the ebay knock off of the L&M reaper front fender. Has anyone bought one? How's the quality? I hate to rehash a subject, but I can't find anything, anywhere about this. I appreciate the help.
I just got one off of eBay , they pretty good . Fiberglass mold I got the fender and front spoiler for 203.00 A good paint job and that will be good .

· Registered
54 Posts
Reaction score
I thought an update was appropriate. I did buy the fender, I'm pleased with the material. I was worried the fender would be thin flimsy plastic,more then fiberglass. Not so, fiberglass is solid. The workmanship is sloppy, so needs a little love before painting. I haven't tried to mount it so I can't say how it fits. One step at a time, slow and steady.

Thank you for taking the time to update the post. This makes the thread beneficial for memebers, and we are all thankful for it. Posts without follow through are like submitting taxes without a response. "where do we stand with all of this"

· Registered
18 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Summers come , and gone. I started sanding the gel coat, and got no further. I'll continue to prep. the fiberglass over the winter, but paint will have t wait for spring. I have to replace the dust shield on the forks, while the front wheel is off I'm going to check the fender fitment. The belly pan fit nicely, no reason to believe the fender won't. I'll post more when I get more done. I'm glad this simple post is helpful to you, started as a help for me. ThankYou!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts