Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought my first motorcycle. A 2007 V-Star 1300 tourer. I love the bike and how it handles so easily. Unfortunately, during my test drive I didn't notice a real loud chirping noise. It only starts to occur when I get it up to speeds above 35 mph and then never let's up. Had it into a yamaha dealer and they said it was a common problem with the 1300 and that a belt adjustment should fix it. They loosened the belt from 7mm to 10 mm and told me the problem was fixed. Obviously they never got it going fast enough cuz it didn't fix the problem. They then basically told me that it was something I would have to deal with, all cycles make noise. But this is really loud. They even went as far as suggesting I wear a full helmet or add slip on mufflers to distract me from the noise. I don't want to be distracted from the noise, I want it fixed. Anyone else run into this problem with their belt and any ideas on how to fix the problem?thanks for your ideas.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Mine needed to be tightened. It was too loose so I tightened it up a little. Other than that remove the belt guard and clean both sides of the pulleys and deglaze them and the belt. Short of that you need to still clean the pulleys and get a new belt.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts