Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 V-Star 1100 Classic

I’ve found a few posts on here about relocating the choke on a v-star, but none give any details. I’m wanting to remove it from my handlebars and install a plunger somewhere under the gas tank or beside the engine. Has anyone ever done this, and if so, can I get a generic plunger kit? I’m a novice bike mechanic, just learning as I go.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
11,819 Posts
I think @Lanthus has moved his. Maybe he'll chime in.

Reactions: DiddyRides

·
Registered
2011 Yamaha VStar 650
547 Posts
If you know someone with a V Star 650, have a look at where the choke is on it - it's on the left side under the rear corner of the gas tank. Maybe you could use a similar setup and use the bracket from the 650?

Reactions: Jspree

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you know someone with a V Star 650, have a look at where the choke is on it - it's on the left side under the rear corner of the gas tank. Maybe you could use a similar setup and use the bracket from the 650?
Thanks. This is the info I was looking for. Will the 650 throttle cable fit the 1100?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Mine is from a 650 & installed like this. As you can see I put the knob into the carb cover that I have installed on the right of my bike. Probably yours looks very different, especially if you have not installed a pod kit. The choke knob could go anywhere it's convenient to mount though.

·
Registered
2000 V Star 1100 Classic. (SOLD) 2006 Road Star 1700
316 Posts
I did it on mine, but I relocated it to the right side of the bike since I put my air ride switch in the left side housing. I'll see if I can find some pics

As everyone has stated, get one from a 650.

I flipped the stock mounting bracket over.

Pretty sure that I mounted it one one of the stock breather mounting locations since I went with a cone.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I used the 650 cable, but I ran it around the coils, and to a small bracket on the air cleaner.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
179 Posts
I pulled the tombstone off and put mine on the left hand side. Just trimmed down the sleeve and cable to fit. Helps that I can operate it with my left hand while on the road.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2008 V-Star 1100 Classic

I’ve found a few posts on here about relocating the choke on a v-star, but none give any details. I’m wanting to remove it from my handlebars and install a plunger somewhere under the gas tank or beside the engine. Has anyone ever done this, and if so, can I get a generic plunger kit? I’m a novice bike mechanic, just learning as I go.
2008 V-Star 1100 Classic

hi have just relocated mine to the neck cover opposite side to the ignigtion key best thing i ever did . also wiring harley switches and 16 inch apes this weekend . all the best saty upright

1 - 12 of 12 Posts