Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to name her Christine... The PO had some cool looking but smaller than I like rearview mirrors with flames. I have thought about changing them just because of the small field of view but now makes the third time they have bit me. When I straddle the bike and grab the bars to stand her up the darn mirrors stab me in the wrist, I'm talking blood running down to the elbow stab. The first time I blamed me for being a newbie, second time as well - I was a little careless but the third time (today) I'm starting to think she demands a blood sacrifice before a ride...

These are the "flame mirrors" but mine are chrome:

The pointy ends of the flame are sharp!

She may have been mad, I have had her over at a friend's house for 3 weeks for hurricane protection, and then life getting in the way of a ride. We were going (and still are but later) for a ride today. I guess I ignored her too long, the battery needs charging (she's on a charger now) and wouldn't crank. So I guess I kind of deserved this stab wound.

馃槢

This is what I think I will replace them with:

A little more unobstructed field of view and a LOT less pointy.

Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
Band-Aids are cheaper. 馃

Registered
2009 650 classic white
A buddy of mine had a chopper in the 70s with the pointy nuts and bolts all over it and he was always scratching and gouging himself.

Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
Hey Jeff, my buddy Bill owns the Christine Car over in Pensacola. Maybe I can ask him how to keep your sated. I think the picture below may have a clue...

Then again, another bike that may require blood to run could be one of Ghost Rider's bikes. The second one was a Yamaha too you know...

Reactions: Louisiana Jeff

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Jeff, my buddy Bill owns the Christine Car over in Pensacola. Maybe I can ask him how to keep your sated. I think the picture below may have a clue...

Then again, another bike that may require blood to run could be one of Ghost Rider's bikes. The second one was a Yamaha too you know...
Is he feeding the car a tank of blood? LoL
I never knew that about Ghost Rider, I've only seen the first movie and wasn't impressed, BUT my bike is covered in flames and skulls...

Reactions: Boog
1 - 7 of 7 Posts