Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 V Star 1100 Classic
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang,

07 V Star 1100 classic. Riding today and apparently a chrome cover fell off the left side of the bike. It was below the gas tank an appears to cover over the carb. There are two female thread posts there where something obviously vibrated loose. Trying to figure out what part it is so I can replace it. I don't have a picture right now, but will post one if that would be helpful.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
9,555 Posts
Reactions: Boog

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
9,555 Posts
Yes thats it. Thank you!!!
Great, don't forget to order new screws. You might be able to find a good cover on ebay. Mainly posted that site for reference. Just Google the part number that's listed on the link. Here's the cheapest new one I could find:

Reactions: Boog

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
And put loctite on it when you replace it so you don't have to order another one.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I lost mine too the beginning of the year.
Not sure how the front screw came off. As it is a MOTHER to get installed.

Ride smart! Ride often!

·
Registered
2007 V Star 1100 Classic
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great, don't forget to order new screws. You might be able to find a good cover on ebay. Mainly posted that site for reference. Just Google the part number that's listed on the link. Here's the cheapest new one I could find:
Partzilla was the cheapest I found. Just ordered the cover and the screws. Thanks for the quick help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts