Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was recently offered a front wheel for my new, to me, road star. It has a chrome rim, and only has about 2000 miles put on it. Stored in a temperature controlled area (the guy owns a custom shop and keeps it there). He has no need for it because he upgraded his to 21 inches. He asked me to make him an offer, problem is I have no idea what 'ballpark' would be haha. Anybody have some good insight as to how much a chrome rimmed, like new, front wheel would run? Thanks!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this is like asking how much a bike is worth. who makes it? what model? what does it look like? find out and look up the price for a new one so you're not guessing so much.
It is a chrome plated stock front rim, with original front tire. He took it off to upgrade to a 21 inch front tire about two years ago. As stated, it has been well taken care of and only had 2000 miles put on it. After going over Stratowart's link, I think I will open my offer at 275, but go no further than 350. Sound about right?

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
I would run that number by the seller. For you, because you already have a rim, it is only worth the amount it would take to send your rim out for chrome plating. It would be worth more to somebody who needs a rim.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts