Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey all,
I need some advice on products to use on the chrome of my bike.
The chrome polish is one of the best I've used. Truckers know the best how to polish, plain and simple. :D

Once you click on the link, scrow down to the chrome polish and read about it. Its some good stuff. And by the way, I'm not affiliated with either websites. I just use there products. And no, I'm not a trucker either. :D

http://www.baddogpolish.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=Baddog&Category_Code=polish

Or you can use wenol polish. It's also very good at polishing chrome.

http://wenol.stores.yahoo.net/autowenol2.html

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've been told you can spray chrome with something that protects it, then hose off all the crap.

I've just bought a 950 midnight star, which has quite a bit of chrome and I'm worried how to look after it, because I ride all year in a rainy country (UK) and never get time to polish my bike.

Does anyone have any advice on how to look after this beautiful new bike, without spending each weekend cleaning it? I have a wife and children, and there's no way I'll be spending my spare hours polishing/cleaning my bike.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey all,
I need some advice on products to use on the chrome of my bike.
Shack,a use one product for cleaning most of my ride.
FW1 racing formula,it a high performance cleaning wax with carnauba (what ever that is).Great stuff,spray abit on a soft cleaning cloth wipe down everything,finish off with a soft polishing cloth to buff it up,takes off bugs & tar,bike looks great.Never really wash my bike using this stuff.
www,fwi.com.au
or just the chrome brite shine,has a cotton wading,use only a small piece,wipe all your chrome,then use a soft polishing cloth to buff it up.
The truckie stuff is the best,see how good thier trucks look

1 - 6 of 6 Posts