Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the chubby air intake from a guy it has never been installed but does not have instructions does anyone have a copy they could send me please modle # pk-400b

I Tried to get it from SS cycles who makes the kits and he told me to pound sand cause i didnt buy it from him.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that info it will help but i would still like the info on the rest of the stuff in the kit too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey vstardave not sure if you would know but when i was doing the shims on the needle in the instructions it says stock + 1 additional shim which makes sense but there is also a part that is under ss needles c-clip notch that says 3 clip, plastic spacer + 1 shim what do they mean by that

·
Registered
13 Posts
Does any one know where the breather hooks up to?

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Which kit do you have? The SS kit has a vent filter, a reducer and a tube to allow you to connect the breather tube to it. Others connected it to a home made catch bottle zip tied to the frame. Another option is to install a T connector between both filters and a 90 degree elbow on each the connect the vent to the T. Check out the KB its all explained there with pics.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi all. I know this is an old thread and I have a dumb question...when the instructions say to back out the PMS 3 turns, is that 3 360 degree revolutions??

thanks,
John

·
Registered
570 Posts
Yes. 3 complete turns assuming you did not change the PMS screws.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I Tried to get it from SS cycles who makes the kits and he told me to pound sand cause i didnt buy it from him.
Well, I sure won't be buying anything from SS Cycles, if that's the way they treat potential customers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts