Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's VStar 1100 really needs the wheels cleaned. I just saw a video of this guy spraying a product on the wheels, waited 3 minutes, and rinsed off. The result was amazing! It's literally spray on/hose off.

I'm a little reluctant to post a link to the product because I don't want to be thought of as marketing for them. I didn't even know this product existed until 10 minutes ago. LOL

Anyway, I'll post link if there's interest but I also want to hear what everyone here uses.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tried cleaning the wheels tonight, just a little spot.

Pic 1 is "before"
Pic 2 is after the rinse
Pic 3 is after water dried

I circled an area on pic 3 to show where I rubbed the dirt off with my finger. It was easier to get the dirt off after using the product but the spokes were solid dirty.

url immagine

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I don't think it did all that good. On line from 13.-16. bucks. You may have 10$ to the wheel and it looks about the same.
What I use is what ever carwash soap without wax(mothers) and a brush. But my wheels have never look like your.>:)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't think it did all that good. On line from 13.-16. bucks. You may have 10$ to the wheel and it looks about the same.
What I use is what ever carwash soap without wax(mothers) and a brush. But my wheels have never look like your.>:)
Oh dang I forgot to mention that I used Meguiars last night, not the Car Care Newspoke. You're right, I could have gotten better results with a car wash soap and brush. :grin:

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
spoke cleaning

anyone know where you can get it in canada pay just as much in shipping as you do for product:surprise:

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
anyone know where you can get it in canada pay just as much in shipping as you do for product:surprise:
Maybe the singles hot line?>:)

Save your money as any good soap & hot water with a brush will do it better.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Keep in mind that Yamaha spokes are not stainless they are cadmium coated and it's very easy to scrub off the coating. Just be careful when using a brush or anything abrasive. Once the coating is off they turn even uglier.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Keep in mind that Yamaha spokes are not stainless they are cadmium coated and it's very easy to scrub off the coating. Just be careful when using a brush or anything abrasive. Once the coating is off they turn even uglier.
Exactly...... I ended up painting the rear spokes and hub on mine to get it to look decent. The front I just put a chrome spoke Harley wheel on and called it good...:)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Exactly...... I ended up painting the rear spokes and hub on mine to get it to look decent. The front I just put a chrome spoke Harley wheel on and called it good...:)
How are the chrome spokes holding up? I almost went that route, but ended up going with Harley chrome rims with stainless steel spokes.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah the spokes are not looking good at all. :( I sprayed the Meguiars on the wheel, toothbrush, and 15 minutes later she has clean rims. Spokes are... ugly.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah the spokes are not looking good at all. :( I sprayed the Meguiars on the wheel, toothbrush, and 15 minutes later she has clean rims. Spokes are... ugly.
I agree love the classic look of spokes but with twin disks in front and very limited reach out rear tough to clean!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts