Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've recently discovered (through a friend) the power of hydrogen peroxide for cleaning bugs and guts off of windshields, etc. My question is - are there any of you who have used hydrogen peroxide - long term - on your motorcycle and/or helmet? If so, have there been any negative side effects? The stuff works great for cleaning bugs off my face shield and off my bike. I just don't want to do any damage to either. What's your opinion? Thanks.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I have not used hydrogen peroxide to clean anything other then cuts.

I use this to clean my windscreen and my helmet's face-shield - Castle Plexo Anti-Static Plastic Glass Cleaner. So far works great! One of my brother's swears by it. Using it for close to 20 years.
AND
I use this for my water repellent treatment - Rain-X Plastic Water Repellent So far works great!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not used hydrogen peroxide to clean anything other then cuts.

I use this to clean my windscreen and my helmet's face-shield - Castle Plexo Anti-Static Plastic Glass Cleaner. So far works great! One of my brother's swears by it. Using it for close to 20 years.
AND
I use this for my water repellent treatment - Rain-X Plastic Water Repellent So far works great!
The peroxide does an amazing job of cleaning anything I've used it on. Doesn't leave streaks or anything. And it's cheap and easy. I cannot find anything negative about it. I've read where riders keep a tiny spray bottle of it on their bikes for helmet cleaning on the road. Not a bad idea.

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
Dont know if the free oxygen molecule in hydrogen peroxide would do anything to your windshield or face shield?

Instructions for my Memphis Shades windshield and my HJC says to use nothing but dish soap and water, and for the windshield to let it soak on bugs for a few minutes before hosing it off.

Always works for me. Also use windex on my helmet shield when its just rain-marks.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I know that H2O2 is great at cleaning wounds and removing blood from fabrics but bugs?... why not, it seems to be a great physical release agent. So far the only 'side effects' I've seen is the bleaching of color on natural fabrics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts