Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the Stratoliner Deluxe...

They will come in clear, light grey (75% light penetrating)
and Dark Grey (17% light penetrating).

He says, "If you want to give a shout out on the forums, that'd be great.
The more email requests I get, the more I can prioritize completion of this shield."

The current plans are to make a 6, 8, 9, 10, 11 inch models.
Prices will range from $89-$116, plus $10 for tints.

From Mark @ Clearview:

"Hi Ralph. Yes, I can accept orders, it's just that production won't be ready to build until 5/1/11.
Now's probably a good time for folks to get in on the first build."

http://clearviewshields.com/shop/product.php?id=305

Measurement Location:
Exposed plastic in the center of shield

Time to get ordering boys!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ok, this gives me some interest to look into how the deluxe fairing mounts to the strat. Does it use the same mounts that the windshield that comes on the non-deluxes do?

I basically made my 06 look like a deluxe a year before the deluxe. With the taller curved shield and wider coverage than my Memphis Shades I would be interested to see if it cuts down on the wind hitting my passenger.

Can anyone post a couple of pics of the Deluxe mounts?

Thanks, Fitz.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine are ordered! Come on guys, there has to be more interest in these new shields. I ordered a dark 6", and light tinted 8" shield, both with the curved upper lip. They will begin production May 2011, and shipping will start about a week after.

Can't wait to get them & post pics!

Better yet, can't wait to ride without the wind hitting me directly in the eyes.

8)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Mine are ordered! Come on guys, there has to be more interest in these new shields. I ordered a dark 6", and light tinted 8" shield, both with the curved upper lip. They will begin production May 2011, and shipping will start about a week after.

Can't wait to get them & post pics!

Better yet, can't wait to ride without the wind hitting me directly in the eyes.

8)
I called and talked with Mark yesterday.
He is a great guy and he told me the first week in May.
I will be getting the 6" dark smoked shield for my sled as
Well.
Swomack

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I called and talked with Mark yesterday.
He is a great guy and he told me the first week in May.
I will be getting the 6" dark smoked shield for my sled as
Well.
Swomack
Spoke with mark today myself. He said the orders are coming in, and they are anxious to start production, they should ship out very quickly, and mine is on the top of the pile! :p

Wish it wasn't a full month away now...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hope to have mine delivered, and pics up in about two weeks! I can hardly wait...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh yeah, I got two! I got the 6" shorty, dark tinted, and the 8" light tint for longer trips...

Love the difference in wind behind the fairing. Hardly any turbulence for me @ 5'9". I can wear regular sunglasses now, and they don't even move on my face. Before the new shield, I had to wear the lined glasses to keep wind from my eyes...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is the 6" tinted pictured. ...hard to see in that pic, but there is a recurve, and it makes a big difference.

The shields are quite thick, and sturdy. There was a little alignment issue, since the mounting screws have to find those moving clips on our fairing, but with a little persistance, they find their way. Just had to restart from the opposite side for me, and all fit okay.

I haven't uised the 8" shield yet, I'm saving that for longer runs...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks - I may have to get an 8" shield for myself - I'm 6' and sit bolt upright (no biker back for me) but I also wear a full-face for rides of any distance.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts