Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all Just joined 10 min ago
Have a question about the clevver, has anyone used it and does it do what they claim? As you might guess I am having the same issues with the Vstar friction zone as some other owners.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Hello to all Just joined 10 min ago
Have a question about the clevver, has anyone used it and does it do what they claim? As you might guess I am having the same issues with the Vstar friction zone as some other owners.
Welcome aboard! You'll find a lot of good information here.

To answer your questions, yes and yes. As in yes, I've used it, and yes it's as good as they say. Just check out some of these posts where I've sung its praises.

This one,

this one,

this one,

this one

and this one.

As you can see, I'm quite a fan of this little part. It's really just a stock clutch lever that they've machined another keyhole into for your clutch cable, but the added leverage and reduced lever pull are exactly what's needed. Well worth the money.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome and the word of the day is yes. I have never used one but the word on the street is they work great.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Dear Canuk firstly, welcome to the forum. Secondly, where's the pics of your ride? The famed book of newb is quite strict in it's writtings. It states that "newbs that are called Canuk and the forumees assume that he is Canadian, shall post ppics of their ride, tell the forumees about themsleves, where they ride and what they do for fun."

Enjoy this razzin site, post often and ride safe.

·
Registered
249 Posts
welcome, i have and use clevver. it expands friction zone some and moves it back a bit, i am glad i have it. i had a good purchasing experience from the supplier.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Welcome to the 4M.
Looks like you got a very timely respnse that actually answered your exact question.

NO, I'm not crying,,,I,,,, errrrr,,, just got something in my eye,, ya, that's it, something in my eye.

Hey Corsair, in the fine print, it's okay to not post a bike picture if your intro post is a technical question. "But the next post better damn well have a picture of the newb's bike." That's a quote from the rule book, not my words.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Anybody have the Clevver installed on a 1100 Custom? Does it do anything? I havn't had a problem, but I have not put too many miles on her yet, I'll probably pay attention to it more now that I'm aware of it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just installed my clevver on my 650 classic tonight. I've got to say...that lever makes it a night and day difference. Yes...take-offs are improved, but the BIG difference (to me) was how much more smoothly shifts are accomplished (downshifts...in particular). Before, it was somewhat jerky on downshifts. I swear it doesn't even seem like the same bike. Big improvement and DEFINITELY worth $40.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Welcome Canuk :D

Sneaky... posting your question on the intro.... :p

·
Registered
317 Posts
Welcome to the 4M. Looks like your gonna change a clutch lever in the future with that question:) Heard they work great, but to me it is just another clutch to get used too, as with any clutch you have to find the sweet spot and go with it. NOT to say it is not a pain at times:)

Ride safe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts