Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out riding on some country roads with a friend last night. we had to get through two four way stops in front of a school and rush hour was still going on.

I was using the clutch to creep along really slow the whole time. Then when we finally got past it. I try to turn right from a stop sign and keep stalling and clutch lever was total mush. The clutch cable had stretched out a lot. I had to get over on the side of the road real fast and let the cars behind me go past while I figured out where the friction zone was. Fortunately it was close to a gas station, so we pulled in there and I tightened the cable.

I've had the bike slightly over 3 months, but I'm only up to 450 miles so far. So I guess the cable is still breaking in. It was pretty dramatic.

I had previously tweaked out the cable so that the friction zone was closer to the grip already. But this loosened so much that all of the sudden I was missing the whole friction zone trying to take off and the lever just felt like it was hanging loose.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Great description of the issue.....it's too bad you didn't take the time to tell us what kind of bike you have ....

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Great description of the issue.....it's too bad you didn't take the time to tell us what kind of bike you have ....
Oh, 2013 V Star 650. New late model, so brand new. I was just out in the driveway playing around with it doing that exercise where you roll back on your heels and let the clutch pull you forward. I got it back to the sweet spot where I can take off easy without stalling a lot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts